Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much to ask for Credit Increase?

tag
DeltaMSP

How much to ask for Credit Increase?

Hi everyone,

Back in January 2014, I was approved for the Ink Cash by Chase with a Credit Limit of 10k.

Every month we spend around 15k on the card by paying off the balance early and using the card again for our business.

We nevery carry a balance and always pay before the statement is due.

I know Chase does HP so don't tell me that!

How much should I ask for? I know asking too much may flag my account and asking too little may end me up with a low CL...

I'm looking to ask for 30k and will settle for 20-25k. Do you think 30k is too much? It's tripled out current CL.

Thanks in adv. for your helps?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: How much to ask for Credit Increase?

What we think really doesn't matter.  What you can reasonably get all depends on your credit and Chase's critiera (and where you are currently versus your internal limit with them).  We don't know anything about either.  Make your request and they can counter if needed.

Message 2 of 3
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: How much to ask for Credit Increase?

what I do with Chase, is to ask for a high amount--knowing that they might not approve it, then immediately recon. Upon recon, they will offer you the most that they are willing to.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.