cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I ask previously about moving my car loan to an S-Corp or LLC, different question.

tag
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

I ask previously about moving my car loan to an S-Corp or LLC, different question.

Okay like the subject says I asked in this form about transfering my current auto loan to a business. I was told that's not possible; how about this?

Start a S-Corp or LLC and get a lease under that business' name.

How long does it take to get enough business credit in order to get a lease?

One possible way I thought of building credit quickly was to lease a car via Uber. They have a new(er) program that's much better than the previous one. Deposit is only $250 and of course your credit impacts how much you pay a month but since your paid weekly they take out a weekly payment.

How do I mean sure the lease and it's payments appear on my business credit report? 

I was planning on establishing credit for the business with secured business credit card from a few places they offer them.

I drive for Lyft and Uber, so that's a 1099. I also have a DJ business that I going to re-start officially next year. I'm also looking at becoming a tuner (automobiles) and starting a R/C track; yes lots of things but all of these are of deep interest to me, accept for ride share it's just a means to an end for now and as soon as one of these things came online and made more money than I do at ride share ($1,100-$1,200 a month) I will toss that aside.

The main reason I want to do this is to trade-in my current car when my repo falls off August of 2016 though I am going to try to have it removed sooner. So I can spend the next six-seven months building business credit.

I do not want to use that car for ride sharing. I might add another service that uses a car to what I currently do. I only do ride share the three heaviest days of the week (Thurs, Fri, Sat); to make the same amount M-W I would have to work all day and some of the night. I work another job during the day.

I also want this in-place so I can get SBA assistance.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: I ask previously about moving my car loan to an S-Corp or LLC, different question.

Your mixing pieces of business credit that don't help or matter for other stuff you are talking about.

I mean a poster just posted about getting Ford with No PG but I have a feeling based on their sigi of personal cards, the business credit and company is probably pretty old.

If your personal credit supports it there is really no real benefit to lease in company name only as they usually don't report on your personal credit if you lease in the business name.

Uber lease will NOT report to any business credit.

My Nissan does not report to personal credit but I PG'd it.

My GMC lease does report to personal credit and I guess I Co-Signed for it VS. PG'd like the nissan... that was an error but it's only $159/month before tax so actually will help my personal credit now having an installment reporting!!! the entire balance reporting is under $3500!

decide what car you want first and then it might be easier to figure out rather PG or not is possible for the lease.

But I can bet that you won't get anywhere on a NO PG lease if you don't show reporting business credit for a minimum of 2 years and some decent credit... if you pg you can get away with a blank business report.

Message 2 of 3
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: I ask previously about moving my car loan to an S-Corp or LLC, different question.

In my experience:

Under 2 years PG required.  

Over 2 years, under 5 you'll need pretty stellar financials to get no PG 

Over 5 years, under 10 Flip a coin on whether you'll need to supply financials for non PG

Over 10 years there should be no problem getting no PG

Of course all of this assumes a solid auto pay history.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.