cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was just approved for a American Express Gold Business card for my company..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just approved for a American Express Gold Business card for my company..

So I have a Green Amx card since 12 and a Wells Fargo charge with the limit at $7500.00 I pay my balances off every month. I am building a new business and have been working on my credit since 2011. The last time I checked I was around 720 on all three bureaus. I have 4 negative items aging out in December then my credit will be clear of any deragotory information. My question is since I obtained the new AMX Gold business card under my SS number for my new busienss will this help boost my credit score?> I am tring desperatly to reach the 800 mark. Thank you for your time..

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: I was just approved for a American Express Gold Business card for my company..

I don't believe business cards report to your personal CR unfortunately. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I was just approved for a American Express Gold Business card for my company..

They approved it on my SS number because my business is not even built yet, so thats why I was asking.

Message 3 of 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Right they check your personal credit before issuing the card, but they don't report the card to the bureaus under your personal file (unless you default or something).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They approved it on my SS number because my business is not even built yet, so thats why I was asking.

Amex business cards do not report on your personal credit however, they use your personal credit reports to decide whether one qualifies or not that is why they pulled your report. Other business cards such as Chase, Citi, U.S Bank etc. also do the same thing.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called American Express and they confiirmed that it did not report to my personal credit and only to my business credit. Well I guess I have pretty good credit to even get one so I should just be happy with a green AMX and a Wells Fargo card for buiding my credit up. urgh. this is hard to weed through all of the do's and dont's of increasing your score. Thank you all for posting and assisting me , I am appreciative. 

Message 6 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

congrats on your new card. You got a new business card without your business even being established yet? Thats awesome! Did you have a name already?
Message 7 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you could apply for something like a Blue Every day for your personal self and help build credit more.... if your credit is 720, and the baddies are falling off this year, they probably play little into your score.

might be time to get some new cards.

Have you checked Capital one pre-qual tool and see if you have offers? you can get 2 cards back to back with same pulls. Venture is usually $10k+ if you have that offer.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on your new card. 
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.