Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial Business Credit Card

tag
Mm587
Regular Contributor

Initial Business Credit Card

I have had a newer llc for about 6 months.  My personal FICO is 710ish on all three.  I have about 10 credit cards totally about 40K worth of credit line.  My highest card is a Discover Card with 11K CL.  My util is about 13%.  I'm wondering where would be a good place to start to app for my first business credit card.  Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Initial Business Credit Card

@Mm587 wrote:

I have had a newer llc for about 6 months.  My personal FICO is 710ish on all three.  I have about 10 credit cards totally about 40K worth of credit line.  My highest card is a Discover Card with 11K CL.  My util is about 13%.  I'm wondering where would be a good place to start to app for my first business credit card.  Any help would be appreciated!

As with your personal credit, it would depend on what you want out of a business CC. 

It seems that most small-business credit cards are geared towards a typical office environment, and offer related rewards. However, there are business cards of many varieties if you look hard enough (hardware stores, travel, etc - outside of the usual office supplies, internet - tv - phone combos).

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally like the Amex Buiness Card (SimplyCash® Plus Card ) it has lots of benefits.

5% Cash back at U.S. office supply stores, and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers

3% Cash back on the category of your choice from the list below: You can pick what category you want to earn cash back on.

Car RentalsCar rentals charged directly with select major car rental companies ,

U.S. Gas Stations

Gasoline sold at U.S. Gas Stations excluding superstores, supermarkets and warehouse clubs

U.S. Restaurants

Restaurants located in the U.S

U.S. Shipping

U.S. Shipping services purchased for courier, postal, and freight

U.S. Advertising in Select MediaU.S Advertising purchased in the U.S. to promote your business online, on television, or on the radio

U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers

I had the Amex Charge but didn't need that card so I changed to this card because I will get more use with this card. I alos have an office supply card as well. I am just beggining to build my business credit line (23l K).

FICO 758

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I personally like the Amex Buiness Card (SimplyCash® Plus Card ) it has lots of benefits.

5% Cash back at U.S. office supply stores, and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers

3% Cash back on the category of your choice...

The Amex SimplyCash Plus is great.  There are other benefits as well:

• $250 Cash Signup Bonus for $5000 Spend in 6 months.  Rarely do you see any initial spend requirements beyond 3 months.
  • Customized Amex Offers.  They change pretty often.  You can get some nice cash back (statement credit).  Some nice ones right now are $50 CB on $250 HP purchase, $80 CB on a $500 AmexTravel.com purchase, $20 CB on $50 Boxed.
  • OPEN Savings.  Extra 5% on Fedex, Hertz, HP, 1-800-Flowers.

The Chase Ink Cash is also a great 1st business CC option with its own benefits:

• 5% Office Supply Store / Cellular Phone / Landline / Internet / Cable TV (upto $25K/yr)
  • 2% Gas Stations and Restaurants (upto $25K/yr)
  • Primary Insurance on Auto Rentals (when used for business)
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Love the SimplyCash, and it's easier to get than the Ink.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.