Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink Business Bold

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Ink Business Bold

Just apped hoping to get the 50K points promo, instead I got the 7-10 day message . . . I'll let you know how it turns out.  Any other recent approvals ? 

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Ink Business Bold

@n777ua wrote:

Just apped hoping to get the 50K points promo, instead I got the 7-10 day message . . . I'll let you know how it turns out.  Any other recent approvals ? 

Good luck fingers crossed for you

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 13
n777ua
Established Contributor

Does anyone know if there is a certain length of time you have to wait after lifting credit freezes before apping for a new account ? I lifted my freezes then app'd w/in a few minutes...just wondering if that had something to do with it.

Message 3 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Chase business CC are not instant approval in most cases they want to make sure it's a legal business

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 13
drew11
Regular Contributor

Yes definitely keep us updated!

I'm planning on applying next Monday for the Chase CSP and Ink Bold or Plus (not sure yet which one because I recently read that you cannot PC the Bold to the Ink Classic - can anyone confirm this?). I would greatly appreciate any feedback that you may have and your experience with the reps, especially in regards to what questions they asked you?

01/04/17 Equifax FICO 788
01/04/17 Experian FICO 789
01/04/17 TransUnion FICO 784

Amex BCP $24,000 | Chase Freedom: $13,000 | Chase SR: $35,000 | Discover IT: $20,000 | PenFed Platinum: $32,000
Message 5 of 13
n777ua
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Chase business CC are not instant approval in most cases they want to make sure it's a legal business

Hope thats not the case.  I've read countless threads in other forums where people have apped with no business ownership, they've just used their name as the business name, SSN as the TID, and selected 'sole proprietorship' with no problems.

We'll see, I may call tomorrow instead of waiting for the letter.  Just a crazy week for me and I don't want to get into some craziness with Chase on the phone.  

Message 6 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Hope thats not the case.  I've read countless threads in other forums where people have apped with no business ownership, they've just used their name as the business name, SSN as the TID, and selected 'sole proprietorship' with no problems.

We'll see, I may call tomorrow instead of waiting for the letter.  Just a crazy week for me and I don't want to get into some craziness with Chase on the phone.  

Some people get away with that but chase by far is more cautious i think and I agree give them a call tomorrow. Good luck

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 13
hammertime
New Contributor

Ink Bold will require an interview with underwriter to discuss your business and credit profile. I was recently approved. I had Ink Cash for over a year and business checking but still no instant approval. Ink Bold is NPSL and requires PIF each month.
Message 8 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Some have slipped past the cracks, but there's always a chance of getting caught. 

Also, not to referring to you specifically, but that's is considered as fraud if someone do not have any kind of real business operation, but try to represent himself as one or having / managing a business. Selling unwanted / used stuff on ebay or craigslist isn't a sole proprietorship, unless they can somehow cook up tax and other documents to prove that they're indeed doing this for a living. 

If Chase is anything like Amex, all accounts with them will be closed when they found out. I doubt Chase is gonna be bothered enough to sue anyone just for this though, unless the account goes into deliquency.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/fraudulent_misrepresentation

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 13
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

With all due respect to the OP I hope Chase cracks down on the nonsense non business applicants for their business cards. They pitch them as business cards, the branch pushes them as business cards and in reality they are business cards. I guess Chase is just happy getting the AF and swipe fees. 

Good luck getting one without the interview. 

Enharu technically selling stuff on eBay and Craigslist is a business and can be a sole proprietorship but as you mention there should be some documents tied to these sales. Specifically schedule C and schedule SE including the act of actually paying self employment taxes. Chase should require some proof of actual sales reporting on a 1040 form but then people would get all upset like they do with AMEX for asking for proof. Also you can't punish a bad businessperson, even the IRS gives you 7 years to show profitability before they crack down on you. Sure the concept is to make a living but we can't punish people for sucking at business and losing money so doing it for a living is open for interpretation. One would hope that Chase and other banks would only extend credit to profitable businesses. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.