cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink Plus - 2 week message (UPDATE: Approved!)

tag
csryang
Frequent Contributor

Ink Plus - 2 week message (UPDATE: Approved!)

Just wondering if people actually get a response by 2 weeks or it may be later than that?? 

I applied on 1/2 and auto status line still told me that they will get an answer for me in 2 weeks... getting kind of antsy... Besides the initial email saying something about 30 days, so far no email or mail from Chase yet.

Update: Approved!

1/2 Application placed online.

1/14 Approved when checking status over phone.

I did not call in to speak with anyone at all - just calling status line daily. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Ink Plus - 2 week message

Could be 30 days or more 

Time is in your best interest .....wait it out 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 10
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Could be 30 days or more 

I will for sure wait it out but thinking if I should call verification dept

Also wondering about their spending 5k in 3 months requirement to get 60k bonus... If people receive the card late, they probably still count 3 months from the initial app day right? I just hope that I wont have to spend 5k in 1 month to meet the goal in the end. 

Message 3 of 10
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@csryang wrote:

Just wondering if people actually get a response by 2 weeks or it may be later than that?? 

I applied on 1/2 and auto status line still told me that they will get an answer for me in 2 weeks... getting kind of antsy... Besides the initial email saying something about 30 days, so far no email or mail from Chase yet.

I think you may want to try calling Chase Fraud Department at 877-470-9042 for the Ink Plus app. In my case, the rep verified my identity and then I was approved. Hang up if the rep wants to transfer you to Lending Department..

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 4 of 10
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@csryang wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Could be 30 days or more 

I will for sure wait it out but thinking if I should call verification dept

Also wondering about their spending 5k in 3 months requirement to get 60k bonus... If people receive the card late, they probably still count 3 months from the initial app day right? I just hope that I wont have to spend 5k in 1 month to meet the goal in the end. 

The clock starts ticking from the date you got approved.

Message 5 of 10
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@Aarvard wrote:

@csryang wrote:

I think you may want to try calling Chase Fraud Department at 877-470-9042 for the Ink Plus app. In my case, the rep verified my identity and then I was approved. Hang up if the rep wants to transfer you to Lending Department..

Did you also get the 2 week message for Ink Plus? How many days did you wait before you called verification?

I dont know if it might seem suspicious to hang up upon hearing them transfering me to lending... Anyone know the lending dept's hours? I might try to call verification during lending dept's after hour time.

Update: Never mind... I found that lending dept has longer hour than faud dept, so my strategy might not work. 

Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-10:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]

Message 6 of 10
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@csryang wrote:

@Aarvard wrote:

@csryang wrote:

Did you also get the 2 week message for Ink Plus? How many days did you wait before you called verification?

I dont know if it might seem suspicious to hang up upon hearing them transfering me to lending... Anyone know the lending dept's hours? I might try to call verification during lending dept's after hour time.

Update: Never mind... I found that lending dept has longer hour than faud dept, so my strategy might not work. 

Got the 2 week message when checking the automated system. I waited for 16 days and then called, but I doubt it would have made any difference if I had called sooner.
Just tell the rep that you don't have all the paperwork for your business available at the moment and will call back later when you get home. That's how I dealt with this issue Smiley Very Happy  

Message 7 of 10
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@Aarvard wrote:

@csryang wrote:

@Aarvard wrote:

@csryang wrote:

Got the 2 week message when checking the automated system. I waited for 16 days and then called, but I doubt it would have made any difference if I had called sooner.
Just tell the rep that you don't have all the paperwork for your business available at the moment and will call back later when you get home. That's how I dealt with this issue Smiley Very Happy  

I was thinking about calling yesterday but I did not. I wanted to wait for the full 2 weeks and see if I get anything. Today I called status line and I was told that I was approved!!! Smiley Happy

1/2 - after application, phone status showed 2 week message. Email showed 30 day message. 

I called status line daily and it kept saying 2 week message. This week it occasionally said they could not locate with that SSN but later they eventually could when I re-entered it. 

1/14 - approved!!! Weird thing is that I did not get any approval email at all. I did call customer service to verify the approval and had the card rushed to me.

Message 8 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Ink Plus - 2 week message (UPDATE: Approved!)

@csryang wrote:

Update: Approved!

1/2 Application placed online.

1/14 Approved when checking status over phone.

I did not call in to speak with anyone at all - just calling status line daily. 

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 10
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Ink Plus - 2 week message (UPDATE: Approved!)

Congrats.
Signature needs updating
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.