Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink and Office Supply purchases

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ink and Office Supply purchases

I mainly need to buy some folding chairs. We were going to run out and buy some in a hurry yesterday and locally found really poor quality ones. We decided to borrow some for last night and will order some online for future use. We initally looked at Target, Home Depot, Lowes. This morning I searched for the ones we borrowed and a few office supply websites came up and I thought - Hey, this can help with my Ink bonus spend and earn 5%! 

Two of the places that came up on the search were Quill and Wayfair Supply. Will those earn 5%? 

And two other places I've dealt with online previously: officesupply.com and reliableworkplace.com  Any experience with those? Or any reason to doubt they'd give 5%. I'm assuming all these would, but I figure since I've got time, I'll ask for sure. 

ETA: Any other suggestions for places to look welcomed. The ones we've got here now are Sudden Comfort by Meco. Padded seat and back. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Ink and Office Supply purchases

This is a hard question to answer and here's why.

It all depends on the merchant code and how it's listed 

Which leaves you 2 options 

1) on the ones you've used already maybe you can find a past charge and see how it's coded

2) make a small purchase to see if it's coded office supply 

The officesupply.com would probably be coded correctly but I'd still test it first

The others sell more than just office stuff so chances are the may be coded differently 

BTW love the pup....beautiful 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, that's why I decided to ask here...in case people had previous experience. I'd never seen Wayfair supply as opposed to Wayfair, but it's their site for business. That one would be iffy I suppose. Staples has what I want but it's significantly more than at Target.com which I can get 5% off/back a couple ways. I'm just hoping it would be something that I could throw at Ink to help with bonus spend. But I'm not going to pay a ton more than I have to. 

And yeah, if my posts are incoherent for a while, I'm super beat. Puppies sleep a lot, but when they're ON...they're ON. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another option to consider if you have some time is to look at gift cards for various stores at cardcash.com. For whatever reason, that site codes as an office supply store and you earn the 5% from Ink no matter what type of gift card you buy

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Another option to consider if you have some is to look at gift cards for various stores at cardcash.com. For whatever reason, that site codes as an office supply store and you earn the 5% from Ink no matter what type of gift card you buy

Ooh, great tip!

Message 5 of 6
brewcrew87
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Another option to consider if you have some time is to look at gift cards for various stores at cardcash.com. For whatever reason, that site codes as an office supply store and you earn the 5% from Ink no matter what type of gift card you buy

Yeah I recommend what Irish80 said above.  DW is starting to get annoyed at me...  Every time we are about to go shopping for anything in particular, I ask her what stores we are going to and then try to scoop up an electronic gift card from there.  I have been saving a lot just from the website and then adding the 5 URs per dollar makes it even better.

Oh and my 60k bonus has shown up as pending on my Ultimate Rewards page!  Smiley Very Happy

Main Cards: CSR(30k), DiscoverIT(50k), Freedom(10.5k), Ink+(17k), SallieMae(17.5k), 3x BoA MLB(24k), 2x BoA BBR(16k) and probably too many other cards at this point...
Current Score:
EQ: ??? TU: 799 EX: 784 - Last Updated 2-2-17 - Last CC App 11/25/16
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.