Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink application questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ink application questions

I have a side business that doesn't have much revenue ($4-5k or so annually) but does make a profit. Currently I'm using the Chase debit card that comes with the business bank account for the expenses that accept cards, but I'm considering getting one of the Ink cards since I think those expenses would get me 5x points.

1. Would I have an easier time qualifying for Ink Cash than Ink Plus considering the business' revenue? (It's registered as a sole prop, if it matters.)
  2. Since I already have a CSP, should I wait for the 60 or 70k offer on the Ink Plus to come back or would it be better to just get Ink Cash? I'm not sure I could meet the current minimum spend on Ink Plus without using it for personal expenses, which I'm uncomfortable with due to its T&Cs.

I'm also tempted by Capital One's 2% business cashback card and the Citi AA business card (whose 50k bonus would combine with the USAirways card's for ~100k total miles). Thoughts?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ink application questions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a side business that doesn't have much revenue ($4-5k or so annually) but does make a profit. Currently I'm using the Chase debit card that comes with the business bank account for the expenses that accept cards, but I'm considering getting one of the Ink cards since I think those expenses would get me 5x points.

1. Would I have an easier time qualifying for Ink Cash than Ink Plus considering the business' revenue? (It's registered as a sole prop, if it matters.)
  2. Since I already have a CSP, should I wait for the 60 or 70k offer on the Ink Plus to come back or would it be better to just get Ink Cash? I'm not sure I could meet the current minimum spend on Ink Plus without using it for personal expenses, which I'm uncomfortable with due to its T&Cs.

I'm also tempted by Capital One's 2% business cashback card and the Citi AA business card (whose 50k bonus would combine with the USAirways card's for ~100k total miles). Thoughts?

The only thing I worry about for the Inks card with Chase based on what you said is how much you make annually.  It may cause them not to approve you.  It will also to be easier to give the cash a shot as it does not have a starting limit of $5000 like the Ink plus.

Also, I don't paritcularly care for Capital Business cards because they report to personals whereas Chase, Amex, Citi and U.S Bank do not report to personal but that decision to apply is entirely up to you.  Lastly, the Citi AA business cards are really good deals and I'd app. if I were in your shoes.  Let us know what you decide.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The only thing I worry about for the Inks card with Chase based on what you said is how much you make annually.  It may cause them not to approve you.  It will also to be easier to give the cash a shot as it does not have a starting limit of $5000 like the Ink plus.

Also, I don't paritcularly care for Capital Business cards because they report to personals whereas Chase, Amex, Citi and U.S Bank do not report to personal but that decision to apply is entirely up to you.  Lastly, the Citi AA business cards are really good deals and I'd app. if I were in your shoes.  Let us know what you decide.

Definitely no to Cap1 then if they're going to report to personal. I'm inclined to choose Ink Cash myself because the no AF is more fiscally responsible but the Citi business card is tempting. I'm guessing Chase wouldn't take into account my personal card history with them as well (several years with a Chase Freedom card before I got the CSP ~8 months ago, both PIF every month)?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Definitely no to Cap1 then if they're going to report to personal. I'm inclined to choose Ink Cash myself because the no AF is more fiscally responsible but the Citi business card is tempting. I'm guessing Chase wouldn't take into account my personal card history with them as well (several years with a Chase Freedom card before I got the CSP ~8 months ago, both PIF every month)?

@Anonymous,

Chase will... They take history with them along along with their internal scoring then score and entire credit portfolio.  I'd say give the Ink Cash a shot as I have a strong feeling you'd be approved based on your history with them.  The Citi us really tempting as I want it myself..

Message 4 of 6
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Word among the forums (do some reading) is yes, they do take into account your personal card history.

Signature needs updating
Message 5 of 6
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

Chase will... They take history with them along along with their internal scoring then score and entire credit portfolio.  I'd say give the Ink Cash a shot as I have a strong feeling you'd be approved based on your history with them.  The Citi us really tempting as I want it myself..

Citi not yet, since the travel portal on Amex gives much better pricing.  Just need to get my limit up on business card.

Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.