cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink cards for Small Business Week - special offer?

tag
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Re: Ink cards for Small Business Week - special offer?

@GPMDRL wrote:
I should be good, I am in process of buying a home, closing is on 7/3/13 and my mortgage company uses TU scores and report. I have a 766 score so I like my chances but until keys for house in my hand, I really didnt want any inquiries, even for the business. I still might just wait until July and lose out on the extra 10k mile bonus

That's a solid idea. It sucks to miss out on 10K points but worse would be to mess with the mortgage. It's not worth it. 

Message 11 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

OK fine, I gave in Smiley Wink. I was at my branch earlier and my banker kept pestering me to get the new card and grab the extra points. He thought I would be an instant approval if he processed the application in the branch. He was right, it was instant approval for $15K on the Ink Plus. He wanted to call in to recon the card after approval to ask for an increased limit as he feels they should have extended me more. I told him this is fine, it will not see heavy usage anyhow. I explained to him I was trying to be application free for 6 months so I could apply for the United card (perhaps business version as he suggested) and a Chase hotel card and I didn't want to hit the total credit limit ceiling with Chase before I got those cards. 

I just checked my reports and got a single HP on EX. 

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 17
Open123
Super Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

OK fine, I gave in Smiley Wink. I was at my branch earlier and my banker kept pestering me to get the new card and grab the extra points. He thought I would be an instant approval if he processed the application in the branch. He was right, it was instant approval for $15K on the Ink Plus. He wanted to call in to recon the card after approval to ask for an increased limit as he feels they should have extended me more. I told him this is fine, it will not see heavy usage anyhow. I explained to him I was trying to be application free for 6 months so I could apply for the United card (perhaps business version as he suggested) and a Chase hotel card and I didn't want to hit the total credit limit ceiling with Chase before I got those cards. 

I just checked my reports and got a single HP on EX. 

Nice!

Good decision.  In my view, 60K bonus on this card is a no brainer.  An Ink card is one of the few "fee" I'd gladly pay.

Message 13 of 17
sandman2435
Established Contributor

I want to app as well..But I just got a freedom card..Im planning on putting in a good amoutt of money in the next week..so I think thats when Im gonna pull the trigger

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new Chase Ink!
Message 15 of 17
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Old thread... lol. I was about to send Chase a message until I realized it's almost a year old.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exonumist - yeah, I missed the fact it was an old thread! Nice catch.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.