Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry Weeks After Application?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Inquiry Weeks After Application?

So i applied for a Chase Ink in early april after getting a pre-approval a while ago while in the branch. I ddint apply on the spot, but i researched the card and decided i wanted it. I applied online and got a "We'll let you know in 10 days" message.

I waited, check app status and just said "under review" then got a letter in the mail saying i have "too many accounts". I had just opened a business checking and savings and already have a personal checking and chase freedon card.

It was late and phone wasnt an option so i did a online secure message asking if that was an "auto decline" type of thing since i was never hit with an inquiry for the application - just a letter saying too many accounts.

I got a response back on the 24th and they said "I have forwarded your request for reconsideration to our business dept."....which sorta made me weirded out becuase i ddint explicitly ask for reconsideration, just if its actually an auto-decline or if someone genuinely thought i had too many accounts with Chase.

Anyway, today, almost a month later i finally get hit with a hard inquiry on Transunion...? They pull Experian around here from what i can tell so that was really weird. Is this some kind of reconsideration thing and they NOW pulled a hard report? I called the status line and it still says status pending...weird?

What should i make of this?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
learnin113
Established Contributor

Re: Inquiry Weeks After Application?

If you get approved, then hey you expect a hit...if you ultimately do not get approved, then you should have expected a hit anyways...either which way you slice it, you should be expecting a hit...only now you may actually be rewarded for it.  Think positive...

Message 2 of 5
FrugalRican
Blogger

Transunion seems to be very slooooooooooow when it comes to hard inquiries. I applied for a Discover/AMEX cards in late February and the INQs didn't hit my report til a week or two ago.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 3 of 5
shane82388
Established Contributor

what is the best number to call to ask about this?

Chase: 888-270-2127 (App recon)
Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons)

Chase: 888-622-7547 (Chase Executive Ofc. in IL)

?????

Message 4 of 5
shane82388
Established Contributor

called credit analyst - recons and they said they dont deal with business accounts....

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.