Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Chase Limit Reallocation Possible?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently have the Ink Cash but didn't know it does not waive FTF so in a month or so planning on applying for the Ink Preffered to waive foreign transaction fees.

Just wondering if they give me a low limit can I reallocate part of the limit from the Ink cash to the Ink Preffered or is that not allowed?

I know it's possible on personal but wondering if it's allowed for business too.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Re: Is Chase Limit Reallocation Possible?

It is. I just closed my $8k Ink Cash and was able to move all but $500 of the credit line to my Ink Plus.
Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you can as the poster above me stated.  They will move all but $500...

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a minimum limit for the Ink Preffered? I would assume 5k since it's so similar to CSP
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Is there a minimum limit for the Ink Preffered? I would assume 5k since it's so similar to CSP

Yes, there is a minimum.  It starts at 5k.

Message 5 of 7
Ahava18
Valued Member

I tried reallocating from IHG to Freedom, the rep told me that it's not possible since one is a MC and one a Visa. Is that true or is the rep not in the know how?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ahava18 wrote:

I tried reallocating from IHG to Freedom, the rep told me that it's not possible since one is a MC and one a Visa. Is that true or is the rep not in the know how?

I was able to do just that. The first rep (IHG) gave me the number for IHG as he didn't appear to understand what I was trying to do. I then called the customer service number for my Freedom card instead and he was able to do it, easy peasy. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.