cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is business credit scored and weighed the same as personal credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is business credit scored and weighed the same as personal credit?

If I were starting a personal profile, I'd want an installment and a few credit cards watching UTL and such. Is Business credit very similar to that of personal credit profiles or a whole different can of worms? I know in 2 years so far I've only gained a small amount of credit for business, it's harder for a small business to get credit for sure. But then again my social isn't on the debt so it makes sense lenders are being extra cautious. Any tips for higher scores and looking more attractive to business lenders? Is there an optimum range of tradelines that seems to be beneficial?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Is business credit scored and weighed the same as personal credit?

Business is way different, INQ don't matter and balances never really played a part in the past in my experience but also 95% of the cards I got back in 2005-2008 are not really offered anymore without PG and if they are still available with no PG they want MAJOR revenue and age of business.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.