cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible for my start-up to get approved for a Navy Federal Business CC?

tag
VaR1Rider

Is it possible for my start-up to get approved for a Navy Federal Business CC?

Hello,

I opened my business Feb 1st of this year and I am looking to apply for a business credit card.  I have been with Navy FCU for almost 5 years and have and regular checking and business checking through them.  I have never applied for credit with them before. I am running my business full-time now and no longer have a regular salary paying job.  Is it worth it to apply?  If so, what documents would I need to provide to help me get approved.  My personal credit is in the 730-755 range.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Is it possible for my start-up to get approved for a Navy Federal Business CC?

I don't know the details of NFCU business CCs, but it sounds like you have a really good shot at it.

As far as documents go, you can ask them what they require.

In general, it's desirable to be able to produce any document that your business is required to file.  For example, an LLC typically involves a state filing, and an LLC owner should be able to produce this document if necessary.  Where I live, there's an original filing, along with a yearly renewal document.

There are also things like state and local sales tax licenses, home occupancy permits, and so on, that vary with the location.

Message 2 of 3
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

Re: Is it possible for my start-up to get approved for a Navy Federal Business CC?

@VaR1Rider wrote:

Hello,

I opened my business Feb 1st of this year and I am looking to apply for a business credit card.  I have been with Navy FCU for almost 5 years and have and regular checking and business checking through them.  I have never applied for credit with them before. I am running my business full-time now and no longer have a regular salary paying job.  Is it worth it to apply?  If so, what documents would I need to provide to help me get approved.  My personal credit is in the 730-755 range.

Call them and ask what documents they need.

As for documents, most banks want to see Financial Statments; Profit & Loss, business licenses etc..

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.