cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the chase INK Plus subject to the 5/24 rule?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the chase INK Plus subject to the 5/24 rule?

Good Morning Gentlemen,

I have a kind of crazy question. I've got 15 new accounts over the last year (including 3 chase ones slate, freedom and United Mileage Explorer) other than a short AAoA and a bunch of inquiries my scores are around the 700 range. I wanted a CSP but I think i'm locked out due to the 5/24 rule (I'm an AU on my mother's CSP) but since I own a buisness, i was thinking maybe the ink plus would be a better option for me. However is it subject to the 5/24 rule?

Thanks in advance,

George

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is the chase INK Plus subject to the 5/24 rule?

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Morning Gentlemen,

I have a kind of crazy question. I've got 15 new accounts over the last year (including 3 chase ones slate, freedom and United Mileage Explorer) other than a short AAoA and a bunch of inquiries my scores are around the 700 range. I wanted a CSP but I think i'm locked out due to the 5/24 rule (I'm an AU on my mother's CSP) but since I own a buisness, i was thinking maybe the ink plus would be a better option for me. However is it subject to the 5/24 rule?

Thanks in advance,

George

It isn't right now but it's rumoured that will change very soon

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, cool. Just put in an app. Got the usual 30 day message with Chase. I have NEVER been auto approved for any of their products. Now keep quiet and see how it goes right?

Message 3 of 14
kdm31091
Super Contributor

It is supposedly going to be part of the 5/24 rule very soon. Who knows, it may already be -- Chase isn't going to come out and announce the day the new rule takes effect. All we can go by is anecdotal evidence.

If you want it, better to try for it sooner than later. This is one situation where waiting can actually hurt you.

Edit - I see you say you put in an app. You can call, but be prepared to answer questions about your credit file and since this is an Ink your business history. Or you can opt to just let it sit and see what happens.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to let the app sit... I had one I tried to call back on (my freedom) and they denied me. I put the same app in a month later and got the card with no question after waiting it out.... Other ancedotal evidence on this board suggests that chase recon is a no go, and that its best to let things sit. So I'm just going to lay low and see what happens.

George

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck on this OP. Unfortunately, I don't think we're really going to know when it kicks in until people start getting denied for that reason.  I'm toying with the idea of apping for it as well laster this year. 

Message 6 of 14
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Gotta wait. In mortgage like you Pdx. If it is not meant to be (would have been cool after house move), then shall wait. Really want it for cable though, which is going up.
Signature needs updating
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, as a followup data point... I got the email last night that I was approved. No follow up questions or any inquiry about my business whatsoever. So since June, I've added the Chase Slate, Chase Freedom, (was added as an AU on a CSP),  United Mileage Explorer and now the Ink plus. I think I now have everything I need to maximize the Chase UR system.

Take care,

George

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, and good job on waiting it out! How long did it take from AP to approval? 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.