cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to apply for business credit without using your personal credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to apply for business credit without using your personal credit?

Hi everyone, I am trying to apply for business line of credit but don't want my credit ran? Is there a way this can be done and if there is, how? Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Is there a way to apply for business credit without using your personal credit?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone, I am trying to apply for business line of credit but don't want my credit ran? Is there a way this can be done and if there is, how? Thanks!

If you mean you don't want your personal credit run, yes, you need to apply for a business credit line that doesn't require a personal guarantee.

The ones I know of are

Quill

Office Depot

NewEgg30

NewEgg55

Amazon55

CleanItSupply

If you go through other posts in the "Business Credit" section you'll find others.

I know Staples has that type of credit, and Sams Club Business, and BP I believe.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a way to apply for business credit without using your personal credit?

Thank you so much!!!

Message 3 of 6
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

Add the following

BJs (fax in only)

Sam's Club (in store only)

JcPenny (fax in only)

Staples (fax in only)

Home Depot (in store only)

Lowes

The in store and fax only ones are to avoid personal guarantees. If you try online, they will request it.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So let me see if I understand this correctly. The only places that allow for no personal guarantees are by getting store specific credit cards? 

Message 5 of 6
tpatterson2k9
Regular Contributor

Stevie,

Most business lenders will require your PG unless you can demonstrate your company is profitable AND has net worth (i.e., a decent retained earnings account for the level of sales and profit you have).

Some lenders out there will extend you a small $10,000 to $25,000 business loan without a personal guaranty. Even for something that small, you will still likely need to show them your personal credit to confirm you aren't hiding bad personal credit (just make sure they don't have you PG on the loan docs). Once you get your first "corp only" borrowing experience, this will be reported to Paynet (your business credit report) as "0 guarantors" giving evidence to any other commercial lender that pulls your Paynet that your loan had no individual guarantors.

After you start that "corp only" borrowing track, you can start borrowing higher and higher limits without a PG as long as your company financials remain solid.

Starting Scores (lender pull 3/27/10): 759 (EQ), 752 (TU), 749 (EX)
Current Scores (myFICO 4/4/11): 768 (EQ)
Goal Scores: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.