Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with applying for Business Credit Card

tag
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Issue with applying for Business Credit Card

Hi all,

I am starting a new business (LLC) with a friend of mine.  We recently applied for a Chase Ink Cash.  Although we are both members of the LLC, the Chase application only let us apply with one person's credit.  We decided to use my partner's credit to apply.  My partner believed he had excellent credit, so it wouldn't be an issue getting approved.

Unfortunately, today we received a denial letter from Chase.  It turns out that my partner's identity has been stolen and someone has maxed out three credit cards in the past three months which absolutely killed his FICO.  This means he has to go through the painstaking process of trying to clean up his record (which I won't get into here).

Obviously, I still want to get the Chase Ink Cash, and I believe my credit is still good enough to get accepted.  I have a roughly 735 FICO and only one INQ in the past 12 months.  So my question is, should I reapply on Chase's website and just sub in myself in place of my partner?  Or should I call Chase regarding this denial and ask them to run my credit instead? 

I'm just worried that Chase may instantly deny me since they already denied my partner.  I don't want to reapply and waste an INQ if it's going to instantly deny me.

Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Issue with applying for Business Credit Card

@mikelo22wrote:

Hi all,

I am starting a new business (LLC) with a friend of mine.  We recently applied for a Chase Ink Cash.  Although we are both members of the LLC, the Chase application only let us apply with one person's credit.  We decided to use my partner's credit to apply.  My partner believed he had excellent credit, so it wouldn't be an issue getting approved.

Unfortunately, today we received a denial letter from Chase.  It turns out that my partner's identity has been stolen and someone has maxed out three credit cards in the past three months which absolutely killed his FICO.  This means he has to go through the painstaking process of trying to clean up his record (which I won't get into here).

Obviously, I still want to get the Chase Ink Cash, and I believe my credit is still good enough to get accepted.  I have a roughly 735 FICO and only one INQ in the past 12 months.  So my question is, should I reapply on Chase's website and just sub in myself in place of my partner?  Or should I call Chase regarding this denial and ask them to run my credit instead? 

I'm just worried that Chase may instantly deny me since they already denied my partner.  I don't want to reapply and waste an INQ if it's going to instantly deny me.

Thanks for any help!

Reapply in your name and if you have to talk to them don’t bring up your partner’s denial unless they bring it up first.  Very unlikely that they will even tie the two applications together.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.