Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a new card for my business

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for a new card for my business

Well, new to the forums. I have been using MyFico for a while ever since I was a victum of identity theft. I have been fighting (and by me, I mean my law firm) the credit bureaus to have a lot of the invalid information removed. So far I have gone from a low 500 to a 630 (on my Transunion and Equifax), and they're still fighting. I currently have a Best Buy card, a NFCU Credit Card and a Military Star Card. I have never missed a payment in my "credit" life, which is a little over 3 years old. I also have a Toyota Fiancial loan and a NFCU personal signature loan, which are in good standings, just like all my other accounts.

I am looking to get a credit card for my business I am starting, and was wondering where I could go for a business card with the credit score I have. I have read that my score is lower than average, and that has kind of put me off from apply at AMEX for a business card. I was looking at Capital One and/or Chase, everywhere I go says "EXCELLENT CREDIT" and it has turned me away from some cards. I tried applying for a NewEgg Business Line of Credit and was turned down due to my businesses lack fo financial history, we just filed as an LLC this year. I was given a loan through ACCION, USA for the business and I have already paid it off, original limit of $3k and paid it off after two months. I am looking for around $1,500 to $2,000 credit limit on the business card, more would be nice but I am not pushing it.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for a new card for my business

check out Cap1 SPARK CLASSIC (it is a gold color card....the other cap1 Spark cards are either green or blue). This is the only biz card I know of for fair credit.

It has a high 22.9% interest rate, no AF, and you get 1% back on all purchases.

Stay away from Chase for now. You need excellent credit for thier INK biz cards (I got one with a 748 score)

http://www.capitalone.com/smallbusiness/cards/spark-classic/?external_id=GAN_1000002122_SBCGAN_j6138...

Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Do you have EQ Fico or TU Fico from this website? That would really help a lot.

Capital One may give you card but if credit not goo could be very low limit and it will pull all 3 CR with Hard and will report account to personal credit.

I would look into Sams Discover Business Card if you have one of them around you. you have to apply in store and in my experience I was always denied instantly at store and walked out and called the back door number for business cards with GE and was approved for either the account or CLI.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've actually got awesome news! I showed my business plan and proforma to a local credit union here and they gave me a LOC and I got a business credit card from Navy Federal! I am pretty excited!

Message 4 of 6
Guava
Established Contributor

Congrats!! 

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've actually got awesome news! I showed my business plan and proforma to a local credit union here and they gave me a LOC and I got a business credit card from Navy Federal! I am pretty excited!

I know this is a few months late but CONGRATS on the LOC and the CC! I wouldn't have even thought to try out a local CU for the biz credit.

What were the initial limits on your LOC and your CC?

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.