Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M&F Bank Business World Card Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

M&F Bank Business World Card Approval

So I know some members have had some issues with some of the Card Assets backed banks but I was still curious about their offerings. I've waited a bit for the rush and problems from earlier to die down and also opened a savings acccount so that I'm a "customer" in their eyes. Pulled the trigger on the Business World Card and asked for 15k and the Business Platinum Payback asking for 10k hoping maybe both would be approved and under the same pull. Forgot that I still had a freeze on EQ and I didn't unfreeze till the next morning. The next day I got a call from a UW just wanting to confirm that I had applied and asked a couple questions and verification questions and then thanked me for my time. Got an email last week saying my application was approved. At the bottom of the email it listed both application reference numbers so maybe both were approved. Now here's the interesing part. I've received no HP at all at this point and I apped more than 10 days ago. The UW specifically said she was going to verify with a few questions based on my credit report but I'm not sure where she was pulling from. No HP or SP on either EQ or TU and no HP on EX. We are coming up on two weeks since I applied. I'm wondering if they HP EQ and SP EX for applications and somehow they went with just a SP on EX to approve. I'm going to be stoked if I end up with a pair of 10k and 15k MC's off a SP. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
iwant700fico
Frequent Contributor

Re: M&F Bank Business World Card Approval

congrats!!!  Did they verify income?

EQ 786 2/2018
TU 792 8/2018
EX 776 2/2018 Chase CSR $28.5k
Barclay Advantage $17.5 k
Amex BCE $29k
CITI Advantage $24.2k
Amex HILTON $13k
Total Rewards visa $20K
Chase INK $11k
Chase Sapphire Reserve $28.5k
BOA 8k
Discover IT 8K
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iwant700fico wrote:

congrats!!!  Did they verify income?

No POI requested ran app based on stated income. Also in my case I forgot I had EQ locked down and they still ran app and approved so they either SP'd EX and ran the app based on that but I've had no INQ show up from them on EQ. 

Message 3 of 4
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

What number did you call? It's been a few weeks for me too and I haven't gotten any information. I called and was given another number to Mastercard.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.