Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriott Business DENIED

tag
Propappr
Established Member

Marriott Business DENIED

Well I applied and got an ink plus a few months back.  Applied for a Marriott business and was denied, called recon line.  Was tentatively approved with a moving credit around offer.  But senior anlysis didnt approve.  No new accounts was the statement.   Tried two subsequent calls with no luck.   FICO 750's

Propappr

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marriott Business DENIED

@Propappr wrote:

Well I applied and got an ink plus a few months back.  Applied for a Marriott business and was denied, called recon line.  Was tentatively approved with a moving credit around offer.  But senior anlysis didnt approve.  No new accounts was the statement.   Tried two subsequent calls with no luck.   FICO 750's

Propappr

Sorry for the denial.  What was the reason for the denial?  I'm confused. Was it because you have too many new accounts overall or what?

Message 2 of 7
Propappr
Established Member

Sorry about that,  yes it was for to many recent accounts.  Since the first of the year I have applied was approved for 7 accounts.  3 of which were chase products.

Propappr

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Propappr wrote:

Sorry about that,  yes it was for to many recent accounts.  Since the first of the year I have applied was approved for 7 accounts.  3 of which were chase products.

Propappr

Sorry about the denial.. This is a good data point.

Message 4 of 7
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Propappr wrote:

Propappr

Sorry about the denial.. This is a good data point.

Same thing on a person IHG account.  Offered to decrease a limit on an existing account to open the new account. It was approved by the first underwriter but needed confirmation by a senior underwriter. The senior underwriter denied it.

I've opened 15 accounts in the last twelve months, and am the limit of what Chase is willing to lend. 

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 5 of 7
Propappr
Established Member

UPDATE!!!

Ok received my denial letter,   

The letter states and i quote

"Too many credit or loan accounts have been opened recently"  

"Too many recent requests for credit or reviews of credit"

"Length of time since oldest commercial account opening is too short"

I called and was told in no uncertain terms.  TO MANY ACCOUNTS.

My FICO score on the letter was 750.  I have opened 7 new accounts in 7 months.  Prior to that my most recent application was well over 2 years ago.  My oldest account is 22 years. My AAoC is still over 6 years even with the new accounts.  

He specifically mentioned rewards and people abusing them.  He went on to say that he wasn't accusing me of that but the chase was looking to cut down on "reward abuse"

Basically I was told come back in 12 to 18 months.

I'm guessing with that FICO and my salary, Citibank may be open to extending me some credit.  I have racked up over 200K in points with chase, about 1/2 in sign up bonuses over the past 7 months so i have some points to burn.

Citi Prestige maybe moving up, way up on the hit list to acquire.  LOL

750 Fico, util at about 6-7%, Mid six figure income.  What are the odds citi taking another chance on me.   I have the AAdvantage with only 12.9k limit.

My opinion be very leary of chase at this point, branded, co-branded.

Propappr

Message 6 of 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Or garden, like I am doing. Nothing until May 2016, longer if I can help it.
Signature needs updating
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.