Reply
Established Member
Posts: 31
Registered: ‎04-16-2014
0

My chance for the Ink Plus

So everyone probably knows about the Ink Plus special offer for 60,000 bonus point already. I am trying to resit my self not to apply, but it is very tempting. This will be my first business card. I would have applied for it in a heart beat if I didn't do an app spree last month.

 

I got CSP, Barclay Arrival, Club Carlson Premier and Chase Southwest Premier between 4/24 and 4/30, all with instant approvals.

 

I don't really have a business per se accept an Ebay store front with revenue about 2000 to 4000 a year. My annual income is $56,000. My current utilization is pretty good on a $47200 credit line (<7%). I really want to have the Ink Plus card for my phone bill (about $330 a month). My TU score (discover) is 758. Score Watch 742. I think my Exp Fico should be around the same. 

 

If I apply for it, this will be my 3rd application with Chase within a month... 

Score: ScoreWatch FICO 4/30/14 742 | Discover FICO 4/10/14 683 | Barclays FICO 4/28/14 756
AAoA 1.5 years IQs: 4 EX | 4 EQ | 6 TU back to the garden...

In my wallet: Chase Southwest Premier $12K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11.2K | Southwest Plus $6K | Club Carlson Premier 6K | Barclay Arrival 6K | Discover It $3.5K | CapOne Quicksilver $1.75K | Chase Freedom $1K | Barclays NFL closed!


Established Contributor
Posts: 852
Registered: ‎10-07-2013
0

Re: My chance for the Ink Plus


nhl1508 wrote:

So everyone probably knows about the Ink Plus special offer for 60,000 bonus point already. I am trying to resit my self not to apply, but it is very tempting. This will be my first business card. I would have applied for it in a heart beat if I didn't do an app spree last month.

 

I got CSP, Barclay Arrival, Club Carlson Premier and Chase Southwest Premier between 4/24 and 4/30, all with instant approvals.

 

I don't really have a business per se accept an Ebay store front with revenue about 2000 to 4000 a year. My annual income is $56,000. My current utilization is pretty good on a $47200 credit line (<7%). I really want to have the Ink Plus card for my phone bill (about $330 a month). My TU score (discover) is 758. Score Watch 742. I think my Exp Fico should be around the same. 

 

If I apply for it, this will be my 3rd application with Chase within a month... 


I don't know much about the multiple applications in the timeframe, but May is "Small Business Month", so at the end of the month the 60k offer will drop to 50k. Although in some rare circumstances they will send targeted offers, there's no guarantee when they may arrive.

 

Chase has three incarnations of the Ink card right now, two are credit cards, and one is a charge card. The one credit card has no annual fee, and instead of $200 there's a $300 bonus this month. On the other two Ink offerings, the threshold for the increased rewards goes up to $50k, and there are a couple of perks for NO FTF and the Ultimate Rewards transfers, but they carry an annual fee of $95. You can choose the credit card or charge card.

 

I'm leaning towards the one with no annual fee, since some of the perks are duplicated on the CSP that also has a similar $95 annual fee.

 

You could try to wait later in the month to get your 30 days in, but still stay within May. Or, you could pull the trigger and when asked (which they will) you're starting a line of credit for the ebay storefront. 

I was going to garden... Honest!
Established Contributor
Posts: 852
Registered: ‎10-07-2013
0

Re: My chance for the Ink Plus

I thought the promotion went through the entire month, but when I spoke with the Business Banker yesterday, he told me that the special $300 or 60k point promotions were only through the 16th.  So, I schlepped into the branch and opened up the new LLC checking account, and am waiting for the 7-10 response on the Chase Ink Plus. (he says I can downgrade later if I want to).

I was going to garden... Honest!
Established Contributor
Posts: 852
Registered: ‎10-07-2013
0

Re: My chance for the Ink Plus

As a data point for folks, so far Chase has HP'd Trans Union and Experian reports. Supposedly will have a decision on Monday.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Established Member
Posts: 31
Registered: ‎04-16-2014
0

Re: My chance for the Ink Plus


CreditUnionFan wrote:

I thought the promotion went through the entire month, but when I spoke with the Business Banker yesterday, he told me that the special $300 or 60k point promotions were only through the 16th.  So, I schlepped into the branch and opened up the new LLC checking account, and am waiting for the 7-10 response on the Chase Ink Plus. (he says I can downgrade later if I want to).


That's  very interesting news... It looks like the link for 60k bonus still working now. Please keep us updated w ith your app. Could you pls provide some data points on your app profile? Thanks a lot!

Score: ScoreWatch FICO 4/30/14 742 | Discover FICO 4/10/14 683 | Barclays FICO 4/28/14 756
AAoA 1.5 years IQs: 4 EX | 4 EQ | 6 TU back to the garden...

In my wallet: Chase Southwest Premier $12K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11.2K | Southwest Plus $6K | Club Carlson Premier 6K | Barclay Arrival 6K | Discover It $3.5K | CapOne Quicksilver $1.75K | Chase Freedom $1K | Barclays NFL closed!


Established Contributor
Posts: 852
Registered: ‎10-07-2013
0

Re: My chance for the Ink Plus


nhl1508 wrote:

CreditUnionFan wrote:

I thought the promotion went through the entire month, but when I spoke with the Business Banker yesterday, he told me that the special $300 or 60k point promotions were only through the 16th.  So, I schlepped into the branch and opened up the new LLC checking account, and am waiting for the 7-10 response on the Chase Ink Plus. (he says I can downgrade later if I want to).


That's  very interesting news... It looks like the link for 60k bonus still working now. Please keep us updated w ith your app. Could you pls provide some data points on your app profile? Thanks a lot!


I did notice that I have a mailer that says the 60k runs through 6/16, and I saw that the link is still working.

 

In fact, I called and asked if my Sole Proprietor Ink Cash (from '06) could be upgraded to Signature (it can't) and if the Sole Proprietor's "INK" would block me from re-applying like he suggested (he says it doesn't)

 

I have a TON of new accounts...  including a Priceline Visa that showed up the day before I apped. The Chase HP put my TU at 14. I didn't check the count on EQ, and am not sure if they pulled EQ, but am entitiled to a free disclosure (because while everyone else (minus PenFed) is issuing new lines, Citi pulls EQ, and Citi won't even approve a CLI on an account from 2002)

 

So, I ended up with a minimal $5k line, but I will take it for the $600 bonus. My LLC has now started its credit profile, which I needed to do, and will get $600 since it's Small Business Month.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.