Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My chance for the Ink Plus

tag
nhl1508
Established Member

My chance for the Ink Plus

So everyone probably knows about the Ink Plus special offer for 60,000 bonus point already. I am trying to resit my self not to apply, but it is very tempting. This will be my first business card. I would have applied for it in a heart beat if I didn't do an app spree last month.

I got CSP, Barclay Arrival, Club Carlson Premier and Chase Southwest Premier between 4/24 and 4/30, all with instant approvals.

I don't really have a business per se accept an Ebay store front with revenue about 2000 to 4000 a year. My annual income is $56,000. My current utilization is pretty good on a $47200 credit line (<7%). I really want to have the Ink Plus card for my phone bill (about $330 a month). My TU score (discover) is 758. Score Watch 742. I think my Exp Fico should be around the same. 

If I apply for it, this will be my 3rd application with Chase within a month... 

AAoA 2 years back to the garden...
Amex PRG NPSL | Chase Southwest $9K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11.2K | Chase IHG $5K | Freedom $6.5K | Club Carlson 9K | Barclay Arrival 4K | Barclays Aviator Red 13.5K | Citi Premier 5K | Citi AAdvantage 4.8K | Discover It $6.5K | Cap1Quicksilver $4.75K
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Re: My chance for the Ink Plus

@nhl1508 wrote:

So everyone probably knows about the Ink Plus special offer for 60,000 bonus point already. I am trying to resit my self not to apply, but it is very tempting. This will be my first business card. I would have applied for it in a heart beat if I didn't do an app spree last month.

I got CSP, Barclay Arrival, Club Carlson Premier and Chase Southwest Premier between 4/24 and 4/30, all with instant approvals.

I don't really have a business per se accept an Ebay store front with revenue about 2000 to 4000 a year. My annual income is $56,000. My current utilization is pretty good on a $47200 credit line (<7%). I really want to have the Ink Plus card for my phone bill (about $330 a month). My TU score (discover) is 758. Score Watch 742. I think my Exp Fico should be around the same. 

If I apply for it, this will be my 3rd application with Chase within a month... 

I don't know much about the multiple applications in the timeframe, but May is "Small Business Month", so at the end of the month the 60k offer will drop to 50k. Although in some rare circumstances they will send targeted offers, there's no guarantee when they may arrive.

Chase has three incarnations of the Ink card right now, two are credit cards, and one is a charge card. The one credit card has no annual fee, and instead of $200 there's a $300 bonus this month. On the other two Ink offerings, the threshold for the increased rewards goes up to $50k, and there are a couple of perks for NO FTF and the Ultimate Rewards transfers, but they carry an annual fee of $95. You can choose the credit card or charge card.

I'm leaning towards the one with no annual fee, since some of the perks are duplicated on the CSP that also has a similar $95 annual fee.

You could try to wait later in the month to get your 30 days in, but still stay within May. Or, you could pull the trigger and when asked (which they will) you're starting a line of credit for the ebay storefront. 

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 2 of 6
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

I thought the promotion went through the entire month, but when I spoke with the Business Banker yesterday, he told me that the special $300 or 60k point promotions were only through the 16th.  So, I schlepped into the branch and opened up the new LLC checking account, and am waiting for the 7-10 response on the Chase Ink Plus. (he says I can downgrade later if I want to).

Message 3 of 6
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

As a data point for folks, so far Chase has HP'd Trans Union and Experian reports. Supposedly will have a decision on Monday.

Message 4 of 6
nhl1508
Established Member

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

I thought the promotion went through the entire month, but when I spoke with the Business Banker yesterday, he told me that the special $300 or 60k point promotions were only through the 16th.  So, I schlepped into the branch and opened up the new LLC checking account, and am waiting for the 7-10 response on the Chase Ink Plus. (he says I can downgrade later if I want to).

That's  very interesting news... It looks like the link for 60k bonus still working now. Please keep us updated w ith your app. Could you pls provide some data points on your app profile? Thanks a lot!

AAoA 2 years back to the garden...
Amex PRG NPSL | Chase Southwest $9K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11.2K | Chase IHG $5K | Freedom $6.5K | Club Carlson 9K | Barclay Arrival 4K | Barclays Aviator Red 13.5K | Citi Premier 5K | Citi AAdvantage 4.8K | Discover It $6.5K | Cap1Quicksilver $4.75K
Message 5 of 6
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@nhl1508 wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

That's  very interesting news... It looks like the link for 60k bonus still working now. Please keep us updated w ith your app. Could you pls provide some data points on your app profile? Thanks a lot!

I did notice that I have a mailer that says the 60k runs through 6/16, and I saw that the link is still working.

In fact, I called and asked if my Sole Proprietor Ink Cash (from '06) could be upgraded to Signature (it can't) and if the Sole Proprietor's "INK" would block me from re-applying like he suggested (he says it doesn't)

I have a TON of new accounts...  including a Priceline Visa that showed up the day before I apped. The Chase HP put my TU at 14. I didn't check the count on EQ, and am not sure if they pulled EQ, but am entitiled to a free disclosure (because while everyone else (minus PenFed) is issuing new lines, Citi pulls EQ, and Citi won't even approve a CLI on an account from 2002)

So, I ended up with a minimal $5k line, but I will take it for the $600 bonus. My LLC has now started its credit profile, which I needed to do, and will get $600 since it's Small Business Month.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.