Grainger

Gemplers

HD Supply

Seton

Interstate Batteries

BlueRibbonWebHosting

gopromos

Teir II

Prerequisites: Paydex, 5 D&B Trade Lines, $250 High TL, EX and EQ files established

Staples

Office Depot

Valero

Citi backed gas cards

FleetCorp Citgo, BP, Chevron

Any cell service

Northern Tool

Tier III

Prerquisites: Same as Tier II + 7 D&B trade lines$500 High TL, >3 TLs on Experian/Equifax

Northern Tool

Newegg

Most Citi backed store cards with the exception of Home Depot

Sears (requires age)

Best Buy (requires age)

l3store

Tier IV

Prerequisites: Same as Tier III + $2.5k High TL, 10 D&B Trade Lines, >7 TLs on EX/EQ

Key Bank (with PG, no pull)

Home Depot net 30

Apple Lease (requires age)

Costco (requires age)

Radio Shack

Sunbelt Rentals

Ikea

Tier V

Prerequisites: Same as Tier IV + $5k High TL, 15 D&B Trade Lines, >10 TLs on EX/EQ

Lowes Revolving/Net 30

Amazon Revolving/Net 30

Wright Express

Home Depot Revolving (PG, no pull)

Tiger Direct

Macys

Tier VI

Prerequisites: same as Tier V + $10k High TL, 20 D&B Trade Lines, >15 TLs on EX/EQ

Target (requires age)

Walmart

Sams Store card

Comdata

Tier VII Prerequisites: Same as Tier VI + $20k High TL, 25 D&B Trade Lines, >20 TLs on EX/EQ

Dell

Bill Me Later Business

Sams Discover

Tier IIX

Prerequisites: Same as Tier VII + $40k High TL Financial Statement attached to D&B

Ford Motor Credit

Starting Score: EX: 705 EQ: 711 TU: 750 01/06/2014
Current Score: EX: 673 EQ: 673 TU: 643 05/06/2020

Last App: 05/06/202020 / In the Garden Until: 12/31/2024

Desired Scores EQ 800 EX 800 TU 800

PSCEU $20,000 Navy Signature $6,600 Navy Rewards $2,500
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Project17
New Contributor

Re: Net 30 Tradeline in Tiers. The steps to build business credit

This list is outdated at best if not totally wrong after tier 1.. Some of those accounts no longer exist like Ikea and Wrights express (WEX) is more of a tier 2 or even tier 1 at this point and staples is higher then a 3.. And trying to break in down into tiers in today's business credit market isn't reliable any more. Reliable is actually becoming a lot harder to get since OfficeMax has taken more control of them.
Message 2 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Project17 wrote:
This list is outdated at best if not totally wrong after tier 1.. Some of those accounts no longer exist like Ikea and Wrights express (WEX) is more of a tier 2 or even tier 1 at this point and staples is higher then a 3.. And trying to break in down into tiers in today's business credit market isn't reliable any more. Reliable is actually becoming a lot harder to get since OfficeMax has taken more control of them.

Perhaps you can update the list to help OP as well as others? 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 6
Project17
New Contributor

As I mentioned I don't think the tier system in general works well any more.. Dell is a prime example of this. They are usually pretty hard to get approved for in general but I have seen businesses with one large trade and under a year in business and get approved with them. So many other factors go into approvals now its really hard for a good tier system. Industry code is a large factor that is seldom talked about. If you take a consulting business and a construction business and put them head to head for business credit you will get totally different results.
Message 4 of 6
Bluez

I just received a fleet core fuel card with a 4k limit and a 1 week +10 days pay frame.  I don't have any business credit at all. They did do a soft pull on my credit report though. I have been in business for 6 years. So I'm not sure if that would be the reasoning but I do agree the business credit market is different now. 

Message 5 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Bluez wrote:

I just received a fleet core fuel card with a 4k limit and a 1 week +10 days pay frame.  I don't have any business credit at all. They did do a soft pull on my credit report though. I have been in business for 6 years. So I'm not sure if that would be the reasoning but I do agree the business credit market is different now. 

Hi Bluez

So your terms are due in 17 days every month?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.