Regular Contributor
princechristian

New Business Credit Help Please!

Most of these threads seem to be outdated with new info so I wanted to ask....

I started a marketing company this year. Obtained EIN 3 months ago, leased an office 2 months ago, and am now stuck! Lol...

I know where to go from here but don't know how to get there! Now I would like to obtain 4-5 tradelines, but who recently, are the easiest to give out business credit?? Not too concerned with CCs as I am with Net 30s? Please help. Thanks!

Revolvers: FP Gold $300, FP Platinum $300, Applied Bank Business $500, Kay Jewelers $500, Fingerhut $400, Gettington $300

Installers: KHEAA student loan, Dealer Funding LLC auto loan x2, Crescent Bank auto loan, Acceptance Loan Co personal loan x2

Negatives: 1 collection - 2010 $307, Auto lates - 2 30 days, 60 day, 2009 / 3 30 days, 60 day, 2012

Frequent Contributor
kimmiller112

Re: New Business Credit Help Please!

One thing you want to do is to get a Dun and Bradstreet Duns number and you can do a web search for them.  I opened up my own small business a year ago.  The first business card I got was a Capital One Spark (no rewards, just the basic card) and I got that one right around the time that I opened.  I had to put my personal information as a personal guarantee, but it does show up as a tradeline on Dun and Bradstreet, and on my business Equifax and Experian reports.  About six months ago, I got a commercial Staples card and I did not have to personal guarantee that one.  Right now, I am being faced with a lot of companies wanting 2 years in business before extending credit.  You may want to consider a gas card as a third tradeline.  Once you have 2 or 3 tradelines and you can get a good history going with those, it will make it easier to get business cards with companies like Chase and Amex.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $5000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Regular Contributor
princechristian

Re: New Business Credit Help Please!

I should have mention I do already have a duns number, received last month. What was your credit score at the time of your business cc approval?

Remember a few years ago when there was an exactly list of where to go for business credit without a PG? That's what I'm asking now... From EXPERIENCE, who here have received business credit without PG and where? Are companies like Quill, Reliance, ect still good to go for tradelines???

Revolvers: FP Gold $300, FP Platinum $300, Applied Bank Business $500, Kay Jewelers $500, Fingerhut $400, Gettington $300

Installers: KHEAA student loan, Dealer Funding LLC auto loan x2, Crescent Bank auto loan, Acceptance Loan Co personal loan x2

Negatives: 1 collection - 2010 $307, Auto lates - 2 30 days, 60 day, 2009 / 3 30 days, 60 day, 2012

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+