Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Business Loan?

tag
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

New Business Loan?

I'm interested in starting my own company but do not want to use my personal money or personal credit cards in order to do so.   

Is there a way to start a new company, get a loan for said company and have it under the company's name (not mine?)

The industry involved would most likely be a data services company, which required some capital, physical assets and operating costs. 

It really stinks though, my background is in IT and the market is really saturated and I almost feel like I'm worthless because I'm not doing something I like.   I have an Associates degree in Network Administration and Bachelor's in  Business Administration.

Not looking to be rich, I'd just like to be able to do something useful in my life.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: New Business Loan?

I think at this point you can only get a personal loan with a PG, maybe even possibly a credit card with PG in all honesty.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct. You are not going to get funding for a startup without a personal guarantee.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

For a new company, you'd have to personal guarantee it. After 2 years in business, you should be able to get a business without much hassle.

Message 4 of 5
tpatterson2k9
Regular Contributor

Hey Taoron,

If you are alright with a personal guaranty, then there are lenders out there who will finance your new business. The cheapest rate I have seen for startup businesses though is 20% if you own your home with some equity. Without homeownership, you are looking at 35%+ rates and a max of about $35,000 that would be extended to you.

Unless the equipment will help you make a return of 40%+ with your business, it might be better to hold off until you are 2 years in business as rates go down considerably after the 2 year marker. 

Starting Scores (lender pull 3/27/10): 759 (EQ), 752 (TU), 749 (EX)
Current Scores (myFICO 4/4/11): 768 (EQ)
Goal Scores: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.