Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Business... Which Bank Checking and Credit Card

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

New Business... Which Bank Checking and Credit Card

Navy, Chase, or Wells Fargo...

Who should we use for Checking and Credit Card, and/or Line of Credit Overdraft.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New Business... Which Bank Checking and Credit Card

If you go Navy Biz, keep us updated. They are always trying to get me to switch.

Message 2 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

After a call by my partner to Wells (He has been a Customer since he was 15-16 and has Checking, Savings, Credit Card, and Line of Credit and they are offering him "Platinum Checking" and linking to all his personal accounts for FREE!

As much as I dislike Wells in the past this is pretty good (actually better then Navy which I had to fight my hands just to type!) but his biggest point is I will only need a credit card, I will not need cash, will not need to go to bank, and will not be doing the books (that's all him) so "My" issues with them shoudn't matter!

So think it's Wells!

Now to the credit card!!

Message 3 of 11
Project17
New Contributor

Local credit union always!
Message 4 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Project17 wrote:
Local credit union always!

We don't really have any that we are a member of, qualify for, or want to be with!

I'll stay with Navy for that!

Message 5 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@llecs wrote:

If you go Navy Biz, keep us updated. They are always trying to get me to switch.

I have Navy Biz shareSavings and Checking.  

Moving funds from personal accoutns are easy and credited the same day using Member to Member transfer.

I have not applied for any Navy credit products yet.  I am waiting until 2014, as I expect to have much better business profit this year.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@webhopper wrote:

@llecs wrote:

I have Navy Biz shareSavings and Checking.  

Moving funds from personal accoutns are easy and credited the same day using Member to Member transfer.

I have not applied for any Navy credit products yet.  I am waiting until 2014, as I expect to have much better business profit this year.

Oh, that's cool. My only holdback is that most all of our employees aren't eligible unfortunately. But I also know bringing in our income would give us quite a bit of leeway with NFCU in terms of credit products (though we hardly use biz credit anymore).

Message 7 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Do employees have to be eligible in order to be authorized signers and / or authorized credit card users?  I haven't gotten that far into it, as I don't have employees.  

I thought only the business owners had to be eligible.

Also, according to the pamphlet I received about ordering checks, you can order blank checks that work with your QuickBooks accounts...  if you use quickbooks. They had the option of ordering different types of checks, including payroll checks

FICO 9:

Message 8 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

FYI,

There is an Authorized User disclosure, where a member can grant a person to access and use the checking account and bill pay service.

https://myaccounts.navyfcu.org/cgi-bin/ifsewwwc?ShowTemplate&template=NFCU652A.html

It seems as though they are not requiring the authorized use to actually BE a member

FICO 9:

Message 9 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

2 points per $1 after only $4k spending sounds good too! no max!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.