Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Chase and Amex business credit cards questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Chase and Amex business credit cards questions

@Anonymous wrote:

For Chase Ink  I have a few questions 1) Does 5/24 apply and 2) Do they pull Equifax?  Currently we use C1 Spark but I think Chase would give out better cash for us.

You can find a list of which cards are under 5/24 all over the internets by searching, but to answer directly yes.

If you search on the credit pulls database, you can see which bureaus Chase has used for various people. I believe they pull from any of the 3 depending on region, star alignment, and whether you've eaten dinner or not.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Backwoods:

1) Does 5/24 apply -the pre-approval popped up in the branch during business checking set up and I was not expecting instant approval.

I had just got  citi business, nfcu card, penfed card and Boa card in the weeks before.

Short answer-I dont know. 

and 2) Do they pull Equifax?  

-they pulled Experian for me.im in NY

Currently we use C1 Spark but I think Chase would give out better cash for us.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Choices.  With these biz cards so many different rules apply.  We have gotten several mail pieces from Chase Biz but they were for Preferred not basic.  We tend to drive the most  sometimes fly and sometimes take the train so Skymiles don't help us much We think in our area they use Equifax and a sliver of  TU. We will tryfor  regular Chase Ink.  . In about 1 or 2 months my wife will be under 5/24 on all her reports. But her Equifax has a problem we have never gotten them  to correct when someone stole her id. They applied for stuff and were caught with addresses all over the country.    Nothing went through but her address  line shows all these far away places. We have had to verify address before. 

Message 13 of 15
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Because of 5/24, if there are Chase cards you want, whilw you're under five cards in the past 24 months, I'd make those the priority. On personal card applications, Chase will also see the business cards.

I believe two cards within 30 days are OK with Chase, but beyond that you probably can't get another one.

Chase will let you earn the bonus once for each business, or at least they used to in the past.

Amex, on the other hand, bases whether you get the bonus on your personal SSN, even if you use a different EIN for each business. Amex also limits your personal SSN to five credit cards maximum. Amex charge cards are in addition to the credit card limit.

I wouldn't have hurried for the Slate because the 5/24 doesn't apply to Slate. Freedom, Freedon Unlimited, Sapphire (Preferred and Reserve), and Ink cards are all under 5/24 rules. I believe that the personal Marriot card is under 5/24, but that the business Marriott card isn't. The one exception to 5/24 is if you're preapproved by Chase. 

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks CreditUnionFan.

Those are great insights.

I am going to apply for only chase Ink cash business card for my other business after 2 months.

Apart from that ,I am going to let my business account with my credit union age for a couple of months and then apply for their business card..

The credit union has no BT fee for any card  for 12 months should i want to BT.

I already have mailers for wells fargo for business account[$500 bonus] but have not explorede their business credit card option..

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.