Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting Business approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not getting Business approvals

So I'm very frustrated with this process.  I have had a business since 2006.  The business has had a D&B number since 2006 and I have 6 tradelines reporting with no lates.  I have never been late on any business account.  I apply for the No PG accounts like the BJ's World for Business MC, the Amazon Corp account, etc.  I cannot get approved and I really don't get it.  I see many other posters here that have been approved with less time and less trade lines.  

I do have the following business revolving accounts:  Shell, Staples, Capital One Spark, Tractor Supply, WaWa Fleet.  I also have several net30's that are trade line accounts and report to D&B.

I cannot get Citi (aka Staples) to increase my credit line yet I have never been late and I pay more than the minimum.  I app'd for Amazon Commercial Net 55 and was turned down for "total amount of credit available on trades" and "age of oldest account", the latter is hilarious because I have had net30s since 2006.  App'd for BJs Business MC which everyone seems to be getting approved for but customer service number just told me I was denied.

My frustration is because I don't understand why I can't get approved.  I see no reason why they would not approve the accounts and why is it so many others are easily approved?????

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Not getting Business approvals

I was easily approved through pg.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 8
silver_idle
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I'm very frustrated with this process.  I have had a business since 2006.  The business has had a D&B number since 2006 and I have 6 tradelines reporting with no lates.  I have never been late on any business account.  I apply for the No PG accounts like the BJ's World for Business MC, the Amazon Corp account, etc.  I cannot get approved and I really don't get it.  I see many other posters here that have been approved with less time and less trade lines.  

I do have the following business revolving accounts:  Shell, Staples, Capital One Spark, Tractor Supply, WaWa Fleet.  I also have several net30's that are trade line accounts and report to D&B.

I cannot get Citi (aka Staples) to increase my credit line yet I have never been late and I pay more than the minimum.  I app'd for Amazon Commercial Net 55 and was turned down for "total amount of credit available on trades" and "age of oldest account", the latter is hilarious because I have had net30s since 2006.  App'd for BJs Business MC which everyone seems to be getting approved for but customer service number just told me I was denied.

My frustration is because I don't understand why I can't get approved.  I see no reason why they would not approve the accounts and why is it so many others are easily approved?????

Not every company uses D&B. IIRC BJ pull Equifax Business (or SBFE?) but even if you had net 30 accounts, have they been active or just been sitting there? What is your Experian and Equifax Business report like? Also, what about income? There are several factors to why you could be denied. Again, check the other two business reports for errors, etc. If no errors, you could try calling in to recon the application or you could PG it (though in this case you dont want to PG it). 

Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yeah don't think BJ's even uses D&B do they?

What are your balances to credit limits on your business cards that you do have?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the responses.  

Here is a breakdown of my revolving and how I've used it:

Staples limit $500, never charged more than $100, either PIF or pay more than minimum, zero balance currently.  

Shell limit $1000, never charged more than $100, PIF each month.

Wawa limit $500, charged up to $300+, PIF each month, zero balance currently.

Tractor Supply $1000, charged up to $250, pay more than minimum each month, zero balance currently

Capital One Spark $500, have charged up to $450, pay more than minimum per month, $450 balance.

Just got American Express Gold about  2 weeks ago but can't get any revolvers from them.

For the net 30's:  I've had several since 2006, those go up to $3000 plus in credit, highest invoice with any of these is probably $1000.  These are mostly trade accounts but all report.

So I guess I'm confused why I can't get even a low limit revolver with like BJs with no PG like I see others get especially those with new businesses.  is it possible to get free business credit reports so I can check Experian and Equifax?  There should not be anything on either of them other than what I mentioned above.  I'm not getting any denials based on bad credit in reports.  

Anyone have any advice?  I can't seem to get Citibank (Staples, Shell, TSC) to raise my limits despite my payment history with them.

thanks

Message 5 of 8
silver_idle
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for all the responses.  

Here is a breakdown of my revolving and how I've used it:

Staples limit $500, never charged more than $100, either PIF or pay more than minimum, zero balance currently.  

Shell limit $1000, never charged more than $100, PIF each month.

Wawa limit $500, charged up to $300+, PIF each month, zero balance currently.

Tractor Supply $1000, charged up to $250, pay more than minimum each month, zero balance currently

Capital One Spark $500, have charged up to $450, pay more than minimum per month, $450 balance.

Just got American Express Gold about  2 weeks ago but can't get any revolvers from them.

For the net 30's:  I've had several since 2006, those go up to $3000 plus in credit, highest invoice with any of these is probably $1000.  These are mostly trade accounts but all report.

So I guess I'm confused why I can't get even a low limit revolver with like BJs with no PG like I see others get especially those with new businesses.  is it possible to get free business credit reports so I can check Experian and Equifax?  There should not be anything on either of them other than what I mentioned above.  I'm not getting any denials based on bad credit in reports.  

Anyone have any advice?  I can't seem to get Citibank (Staples, Shell, TSC) to raise my limits despite my payment history with them.

thanks

You may want to check your business report to make sure you have positive reporting. Experian and Equifax business reports will have to be paid for. For D&B (though BJ likely dont check them) you can use D&B IUpdate or CreditSignal (which is free) to check to see if any negitive reporting are on your report. Did you PG any cards? Are you positive they are reporting? 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Darius, I do use D&B Iupdate, that is how I see what's out there.  Most of the info from D&B is not very informative.  

So since I haven't checked the CRs, I can't be sure the other ones are reporting but we did have to PG the Amex and of course CapOne.  I don't think I PG'd the others.  I will go ahead and buy the two reports and see if that gives me any insight into this.

thanks

Message 7 of 8
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Heads up. Through the end of 2015, EQ will collect data from SBFE (what Amex uses), then D&B takes over. I believe chase business uses experian.
Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.