Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay D&B or not?????

tag
CCspoiledbrat1
Valued Member

Pay D&B or not?????

Hi members, I just started my own little business and I have my EIN & D&B Numbers.

I have registered my biz ---Now D&B claims that I should pay them $499 to "Complete" my file with them to get a paydex rating???

Should I pay them or not? Should I just keep the number and let my Equifax biz file do the work for free??? Help

updated IN THE GARDEN UNTIL: 8/14/14
Cap1$500 |Express$900 |BILLMELATER$500|Shell$200
MarathonGas$200 |NFCUCshRwrdsVisa$2.5K |NFCUGoRwrdsMC$5K
AmazonStore$1.2K |AmazonRewardsVisa$500 |DiscoverIT$500
BUCKLE$500/MACYS CLOSED
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Pay D&B or not?????

I've had an LLC for around 15 years, with a couple of business CCs, and have never paid D&B anything.

A lot of the answer may depend on what sort of business credit rating you want to establish.  For me, the only thing I really care about is being able to maintain business CCs in good standing.  My total business CLs are around $12K, which is fine for my purposes.

For someone else, it might be different.  For example, if your business needs a lot of financing to purchase inventory and equipment and so on, then you might want to come at this issue in another way.

Message 2 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

NO

Message 3 of 11
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

No. Most important if you contract with the state or federal government (but only to an extent). For the rest of us it's not worth the hassle. I have yet to be turned down for business credit because of lack on D&B info. In fact it has never been mentioned except by D&B solicitors. 

Message 4 of 11
rlx01
Established Contributor

Run away from D&B.

Message 5 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Never, ever in this life time pay DNB for anything 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 11
k0csi
Valued Member

I made an account and corrected/updated my information with them, cost nothing.  I don't really need/want their report history or anything like that, I just wanted any potential creditors to see accurate information (changed my legal business name to reflect LLC, changed office address, etc).

FWIW i also did the same with experian's business report thing to make sure info was accurate, they didn't charge to update the information either.

9-11-13 FICO EQ: 726 - Current EQ FICO: 735 - Goal: 800

------$5900-----------$3800-----------$5500-----------$8000-----------$1100---------$13000----------$4000-----------$7000------
Goodyear Service - $2000, Ford Service $2000, Discovery Furniture $8000
Message 7 of 11
rlx01
Established Contributor

iUpdate is free because the federal government says it has to be. They just don't want you to know that.

Everything else they sell is a scam.

Message 8 of 11
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

I had to have a Dunn number to get a job with a State Hospital to letter their vehicles but they only needed the number.

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 9 of 11
rlx01
Established Contributor

Use this for a DUNS number in 1 day:

http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform/pages/CCRSearch.jsp

NEVER PAY D&B.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.