Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Invoice w/ Check or Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay Invoice w/ Check or Card?

Hello,

I've noticed some folks prefer to pay their invoice(s) by sending in a check, rather than doing so electronically (card). Just curious why that is. Does writing checks assist in building credit somehow?

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay Invoice w/ Check or Card?

I always use my checkbook to pay invoices or stuff like the phone bill. It doesn't help build the credit but why send a credit card number through the mail? Also it's easier in my opinion to turn over check stubs to the accountant at the end of the year
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

By electronically I mean through a Website, using a Card to pay an invoice.

Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

By electronically I mean through a Website, using a Card to pay an invoice.

Can you pay with a CC w/o a fee? If so then this is the route I would go for points and to build credit because that CC will report to business credit depending who the lender is of course 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Roger that.

Message 5 of 6
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

Some places you can pay with a CC without a fee (most places in fact), but even at the ones you can't, you can generally pay by electronic check (inputing your acc. no. and routing info, both find on your checks) without a fee (mostly electric companies and eRent services in my experience) which is still better than mail if you ask me. My wife liked mailing a check... untill she got a late fee once because the check was held up either in the mail or at the cable company (they cashed it eventually), after that she came around and now we pay all our bills electronically.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.