Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard

tag
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard

I got approved and wondering what the credit limit is. 7-10 days to get the card. My Paypay is setup under my company name. Is this a Key bank of GE backd card ? Got Lowes and Wally world along with Freedom within this month. Ya.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

Re: PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard

It's a DEBIT card, not a credit card, so there is no credit limit.  It is tied to your PayPal balance, and you can set up backup funding from a linked bank account which is used automatically if your PayPal balance is insufficient.  It earns a flat 1% cash back on all purchases.  I have one, just for the hell of it, though I rarely use PayPal anymore.  Strange thing is that it actually earns a better rate than the PayPal Extras Mastercard, which is an actual credit card!  Anyway, not a bad card to have, and a good route to earning cash back if you can't get a credit card that'll do it.

Message 2 of 17
RonDawg
Contributor

@steve23111 wrote:

It's a DEBIT card, not a credit card, so there is no credit limit.  It is tied to your PayPal balance, and you can set up backup funding from a linked bank account which is used automatically if your PayPal balance is insufficient.  It earns a flat 1% cash back on all purchases.  I have one, just for the hell of it, though I rarely use PayPal anymore.  Strange thing is that it actually earns a better rate than the PayPal Extras Mastercard, which is an actual credit card!  Anyway, not a bad card to have, and a good route to earning cash back if you can't get a credit card that'll do it.

OMG I just spit my drink

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 3 of 17
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

@RonDawg wrote:

@steve23111 wrote:

OMG I just spit my drink

You're welcome. Smiley Happy   I guess I should say, "the credit limit is determined by the amount of money available for spending" or something like that.  There IS a daily purchase/transaction limit, but I don't recall right off-hand what that is.

Message 4 of 17
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Daily purchase limit is $3,000. Daily ATM limit is $400.

You only earn 1% cashback on signature transaction. Most B&M defaults to PIN transaction and you cannot change that.

Message 5 of 17
RonDawg
Contributor

@steve23111 wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@steve23111 wrote:

OMG I just spit my drink

You're welcome. Smiley Happy   I guess I should say, "the credit limit is determined by the amount of money available for spending" or something like that.  There IS a daily purchase/transaction limit, but I don't recall right off-hand what that is.

I degress.. To be more on topic.  Sorry he is right it is a Debit Card so you can not expect a credit limit... However Congrats on getting the card.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
Message 6 of 17
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

What I'm amused by is the fact that it's a "business" Mastercard.  I have a personal PayPal account, and every debit card they've ever issued to me (including several previous iterations of their debit product) have been "business" cards.

Message 7 of 17
RonDawg
Contributor

@steve23111 wrote:

What I'm amused by is the fact that it's a "business" Mastercard.  I have a personal PayPal account, and every debit card they've ever issued to me (including several previous iterations of their debit product) have been "business" cards.

I have their "Business" Mastercard Debit card as well, it sits in a drawer. Though it is a 1% cash back card so for what it is, it is not a bad deal, however... I have much better cards to access my money then a debit card could ever be. 1% cash what? try 5% Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 17
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@steve23111 wrote:

It's not really a business debit card per say. When I tried to sign the card up for MasterCard EasySavings (business savings program), I couldn't. Called PayPal only to found out that it was a personal debit card, even though they printed "business" on the card.

Message 9 of 17
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for all the help. Sock drawed. lol Smiley Happy

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@steve23111 wrote:

It's not really a business debit card per say. When I tried to sign the card up for MasterCard EasySavings (business savings program), I couldn't. Called PayPal only to found out that it was a personal debit card, even though they printed "business" on the card.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.