Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Paypal Business Debit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with Paypal Business Debit Card

Paypal says you can use its business debit card with $0 in your Paypal account, as long as you have a backup funding source. 

I have my checking account linked to it as a backup funding source, but it keeps being declined both in store and online. 

Am I doing something wrong? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Problem with Paypal Business Debit Card

It could be one of 2 things that I can think of. It has to be run as credit or it will usually be rejected with no actual paypal balance. The other thing depends on the amount of the charge as there are daily limits to the debit card. 

I've also had it rejected when there were too many pending debits to my checking account.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They were run as credit, and it was a $3 charge. The card has never worked, ever. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd call them. Sounds like a weird glitch.

Message 4 of 6
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

There is a setting in PayPal......at least there used to be...not sure anymore, as I hate their new site......but I had to change it in my debit card tab, and I think it let me do $300 a day or something like that....now I have no troubles at all.

Message 5 of 6
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Theres several factors to using the backup funding. One is how often to you use paypal, how much do you spend, have you ever had a negative balance, do you use your debit/credit card vs bank account, etc. They may also run a credit check but back when I used to use paypal debit cards, they never ran a check on me. Things couldve changed since then but I dont have plans on using the paypal "business" debit card since it still ties to you (as the account owner) and not the business specifically. Even now, paypal has been forcing some to enter their ssn into their paypal accounts. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.