Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for Cap1 Spark 50k+ Limit holders

tag
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Question for Cap1 Spark 50k+ Limit holders

Hello,

I had a question I was approved about 6 months ago for a spark cash card with a 50k limit. For the past 2-3 months I have used the limit in 1 day and pif 2 days later. I prefer to spend on Amex Cus the limits are a lot bigger, and once you push a payment they release your limit right away. Unlike the cap 1 card you make a payment, and it's available next day. I called customer service about a CLI and I did one online soft pull no go. But the reps keep telling me my account qualifies for a manually review. I'm thinking about using the card very heavy first and then go for the review. But anyone have any experience with this. The cap1 rep told me they have seen spark cards with limits at 200k before.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question for Cap1 Spark 50k+ Limit holders

I doubt you're going to get much in the way of responses since a $50K+ limit is very rare.

Message 2 of 13
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I think a limit above $50k is likely to put you on the radar of their Corporate Finance group.  

https://www.capitalone.com/commercial/corporate-cards/

Message 3 of 13
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Looked into the corporate card not worth it. It's max 1.5% cash back my spark is 2%... That makes a big difference. Besides Amex plum is 1.5% and so much better to deal with.
Message 4 of 13
youngman1234
Established Contributor

So funny thing happened... When I recently applied for the CLI it was declined due to low score.

So I thought what the heck apply for another biz card. I got approved for another spark cash and a spark miles the 2% ones. But I wasn't so happy Cus the limits approved were 5k each.

So now my cards with cap 1 are:

Quicksilver -30k
Venture -5k
Spark -50k
Spark 5k
Spark -5k

The second spark however when I activated it the limit is now showing 40k and not 5k...lol
Message 5 of 13
youngman1234
Established Contributor

So now I have 95k in biz limit and 35k In personal.
Message 6 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:
So now I have 95k in biz limit and 35k In personal.

WOW... at 6 months, start consolidating those!

Message 7 of 13
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Actually my plan is using the 50k and 40k spark like crazy in the next few months.

So put like 250k through the 50 one and 200k through the 40 one.

Than tell them to do a manual review which they say I am eligible for the 50k one and ask them for like 100-150k limit.
Message 8 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Wow with spending like that you are for sure in chase palladium territory and Amex Centurion black... Why capital one?
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
Wow with spending like that you are for sure in chase palladium territory and Amex Centurion black... Why capital one?

Cuz most rather have the cash back for it instead of miles.. If he doesn't fly a lot no point in getting miles.. Also OP what's ur company net and gross that plays a pretty important role to ur limit and from a 50k jump to 150k they might ask from proof from business. 150k is possible 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.