Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions about Amex

Hi all,

I have a small startup that I just incorporated. I really didnt want to carry a balance on any cards so I applied and was approved for the Amex Biz Gold.  Now i'm thinking perhaps I should have at least one revolving credit line.  I was interested in the SimplyCash card with no AF.  My questions are...If i were to apply for that and get denied will that be a SP on my personal credit? Also, would it be a red flag to apply for another card with them that quickly? And lastly, Should I wait until my card arrives to apply? Originally, I applied under my personal amex account and I planned on creating a sep account for my biz.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions about Amex

My questions are...If i were to apply for that and get denied will that be a SP on my personal credit? Yes, it should be a SP for denial

Also, would it be a red flag to apply for another card with them that quickly? There are quite a few cases of people applying for two Amex cards in the same day. Charge & Revolving Smiley Happy Dont think it would raise a red flag. Second application may go to a pending status

And lastly, Should I wait until my card arrives to apply? Not sure how long ago you applied for the Gold card but there are also cases of two Amex approvals with one HP in the same day so you might want to apply as soon as possible to take advantage of that possibility.

Congrats on your card! Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions about Amex

@Heavenly, thank you for your response.  I applied last night. I may have missed that HP window.  I may apply still though.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.