Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quill and Credit

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Quill and Credit

I had opened a Quill account about 5-6 years ago and had updated one address and business change and then pretty much forgot about it until a month or so ago when looking for something off Uline and then thinking of Quill... had to call in and get updated account and then went online and changed the business name, EIN, all the jazz and placed order... fast forward to placing order last night while account was about 8 days Past Due (Mostly holidays to blame) they also don't take credit card payments on Quill Business Credit Line Accounts vs. paying on credit card from beginning or just mailing check.

Anyway forgot after last months purchase I then got email and upgraded to SILVER Member that gets me free shipping and some other stuff...

Anyway I saw this AM the order ship info from yesterdays purchase and I called to make my payment and then said "Do I have an internal limit on my Quill Account"

She said yes I do see you do, I can transfer you to credit if you wanted to talk to them about it.  okay...

Next lady says yes you do have a Credit Line and looks like right now that is $1,250.00

Which isn't very much based on some business credit I have had in the past but I also don't think I have ever ordered over $100 and I also changed info a couple times which I just had figured would have got it shut down or at least reduced to very low to get the feel of me again... 

Anyway guess for $1200 I didn't need to be so lengthy for you all!! LOL  

Does Quill report?

What else might I get?!

Quill and Uline right now... but don't think I even have a credit file so maybe nothing these days!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Project17
New Contributor

Re: Quill and Credit

ok let's slow down down here! LOL.. Now you say you opened the account about 5 years ago and forgot about it till recently when you updated some info and EIN And placed a order.. Did you open it under a different business name then you are using now?

Yes they do report to DNB

That limit is pretty good for them especially if you don't really have a credit file.

Grainger..Gemplers...Reliable...Go Promo's.. Northern Safety..  Are some other starter accounts.

Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Project17 wrote:

ok let's slow down down here! LOL.. Now you say you opened the account about 5 years ago and forgot about it till recently when you updated some info and EIN And placed a order.. Did you open it under a different business name then you are using now?

Yes they do report to DNB

That limit is pretty good for them especially if you don't really have a credit file.

Grainger..Gemplers...Reliable...Go Promo's.. Northern Safety..  Are some other starter accounts.

Yes account opened about 5 years ago and I have changed the Company Name and EIN on the account at least once but I'm thinking twice.  I never really ordered much and had kinda forgot about it.  I don't know anything about what is normal for them for credit lines because they have never asked what I need or want or anything and I have never asked nor had an order declined or anything... I opened the account and placed an order when 2 cold door to door type sales people walked into my store one day way back when I had a physical store front.

Message 3 of 5
Project17
New Contributor

If you would have kept that same company name from 5 years ago you would have been in a better place today even with just that one account showing up.

Quill is one of the easiest accounts to get, you just need to start with a small order and if you pay it off early they pretty much give you a $500 to $1000 limit which..Your past that point any way but you will want to make sure they report properly because they may report any payments under the old company name. You shouldnt be able to just change the name without opening a new account which doesnt appear to be the case since the limit is higher then normal.

How did you change the info? online or did you call?

Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Project17 wrote:

If you would have kept that same company name from 5 years ago you would have been in a better place today even with just that one account showing up.

Quill is one of the easiest accounts to get, you just need to start with a small order and if you pay it off early they pretty much give you a $500 to $1000 limit which..Your past that point any way but you will want to make sure they report properly because they may report any payments under the old company name. You shouldnt be able to just change the name without opening a new account which doesnt appear to be the case since the limit is higher then normal.

How did you change the info? online or did you call?

I'm not currently concerned or trying to work on my business credit.  I did the build of a business credit before... I was VERY good at it back then.  I currently do not need this business name and EIN that holds this Quill account to do anything, it's a background right now.

I just posted because I have never really heard of a CL before with Quill and I wanted to see if that was normal, low, high... Maybe I should try for a CLI just to see if they give it! lol (jk)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.