cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Chase Ink Bold Spending Requirements Reduced!

tag
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

@DesertLife wrote:

Today I was on Chase website and they have reduced their spend requirements for the Ink Bold to $5,000. I called to inquire if I can also get this, since I signed up last week for the card with a $10k spend requirement in 3 months. They told me that anyone who has opened a Chase Ink Bold within 90 days is eligible for this reduced spend amount but they must call in now to inquire about getting that reduced amount, this will be annotated on the customer account, then the customer must call back after reaching the $5k spend within 93 days of opening the account to get the customer service rep to add the 25k bonus points to the account.

"HERE’S TO BEING FLEXIBLE Get started with 50,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months - that's $625 toward travel rewards. And, there's no interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month."

Is there a mod that might be able to switch this to the business credit forum?

I wanted to update everyone on the reduced spending requirements procedure for anyone who signed up with the $10,000 spend, then got them to honor the $5,000 spend instead.

In my original post, I wrote that the CSR told me I must call back in once I met the spend requirement to receive the bonus points. I called back in once I reached $5,000 spend, and the CSR told me I must wait until the statement closes to see the bonus rewards points credit to my account. I waited until the statement closed a few days later, and no points appeared. I waited a few more business days for good measure, and decided to call back in to inquire.

So, I called in today after my second statement closed to inquire about why the reward bonus points had not posted. I have met their "special" $5,000 spend requirement, and am actually pretty close to meeting the original $10,000 spend requirement.

The CSR, after reading the memo's attached to my account, said that yes Chase will honor the reduced $5,000 spend, but I will have to wait until the 91st day (after my 3rd statement has closed) to call back in and request those points be credited. Or, he said, if I meet the $10,000 spend requirement before then, those points will be automatically credited with that statement without me having to call in.

He said it has been confusing for them, because three different protocols came out about how to deal with this situation, all at the same time, so often they weren't able to give consistent information. It would appear that has now been resolved.

Started out with a 648 EQ in 2018, finally got to 850 FS8 TU | 836 FSU EX in November 2021!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
djrez4
Established Contributor

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll be reaching mine before the 91 days as well.  I was hoping the points would be credited when I reached the limit, but I guess I'll be waiting.

Message 2 of 5
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

@djrez4 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll be reaching mine before the 91 days as well.  I was hoping the points would be credited when I reached the limit, but I guess I'll be waiting.

Please let us know if they credit immediately if you reach the limit before 91 days, and I'll do the same if that happens. I thought my CSP points credited as soon as I reached the limit, but I can't remember now.

Started out with a 648 EQ in 2018, finally got to 850 FS8 TU | 836 FSU EX in November 2021!
Message 3 of 5
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Since the OP asked that this be moved from Credit Cards over to the Business Forum, I'll be happy to do so.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 5
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

I hit the 3k spend on the first day with my CSP, and it's been almost two weeks and I still haven't recieved any points....  as always YMMV

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.