Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready to close my Amex Business Platinum Card

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Ready to close my Amex Business Platinum Card

I feel that I'm ready to close my beloved, but highly expensive, Amex Business Platinum card.

I don't travel much, and make little use of the rewards points.

So I've been paying $450 per year, and reaping little benefit from it.

I guess I'm posting this in case anybody wants to talk me out of it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Ready to close my Amex Business Platinum Card

Wish I could but can't. Without travel not much use for this card as it's intended and since you have an ED card your MRs are safe. Make sure you give a proper euology when you finally send it off.

Message 2 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@simplynoirwrote:

Wish I could but can't. Without travel not much use for this card as it's intended and since you have an ED card your MRs are safe. Make sure you give a proper euology when you finally send it off.

You were supposed to talk me out of it Smiley Happy That thing looks so nice in my wallet

Message 3 of 21
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

This is going to sound bad, but the only reason I have my Platinum is so my daughters can have it in there pocket.
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100wrote:
This is going to sound bad, but the only reason I have my Platinum is so my daughters can have it in there pocket.

Hahaha... You guys are funny in this thread.  @SouthJamaica, if it is of no use, close it.  You will be saving $450--

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

$450-$200-$195=55
Plus nice card and retention off. Keeping it 😉
Message 6 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
$450-$200-$195=55
Plus nice card and retention off. Keeping it 😉

Aren't the 200 and 195 you're referring to both travel benefits, which would be unavailable to someone who rarely uses the card for travel?

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

$200 airline gift card you can sale to anyone you know and $195 uber credit for food also amex off every month's so what do you lose.
Message 8 of 21
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
$200 airline gift card you can sale to anyone you know and $195 uber credit for food also amex off every month's so what do you lose.

Biz plat doesn’t get Uber.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica

If you aren’t currently traveling then i then I would definitely close the card.  Not worth the AF.  If down the road you start traveling aagain , you can always reapply and get the card for the 2nd time.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.