Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended Business CC

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Recommended Business CC

Brammy, don't be hard on your self and D&b. Lowes, Sams, Walmart are issued by GECF. They look in the Equifax not in D&B. It is likely you dont have trades posed in Equifax. I tried 2 -3 times for sams and they rejected. Once I got Valero started reporting on the Equifax, I got the Sams/Lowes immeadietly. I still dont have Walmart and they declined once. I am not going to bother applying for walmart as I can use my sams card there.

Since you have good cards with citi why not focus on citi and add 6-8 trade lines? exxon/shell/sunoco/macys/homedepot/radioshack all are issued by citi. You'll get it easily all these cards since you already have the Citi Card. Once you have 6-8 trades reporting other would come to you. Citi also reports to Experian so you get the benifit of both from citi cards.
Message 111 of 176
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser wrote:
 Brammy, don't be hard on your self and D&b. Lowes, Sams, Walmart are issued by GECF. They look in the Equifax not in D&B. It is likely you dont have trades posed in Equifax. I tried 2 -3 times for sams and they rejected. Once I got Valero started reporting on the Equifax, I got the Sams/Lowes immeadietly. I still dont have Walmart and they declined once. I am not going to bother applying for walmart as I can use my sams card there.

Since you have good cards with citi why not focus on citi and add 6-8 trade lines? exxon/shell/sunoco/macys/homedepot/radioshack all are issued by citi. You'll get it easily all these cards since you already have the Citi Card. Once you have 6-8 trades reporting other would come to you. Citi also reports to Experian so you get the benifit of both from citi cards.

The exact quote on the letter was 'No DNB file'  I know I have a trade on my biz EX file.

Message 112 of 176
HA2007
Valued Member

Brammy.
Don't feel bad. Let me tell you what happened to me today. I got my Officemax card which remember being approved for $5000.00. Well  when I got the card I ran to Office max, to buy something befor the end of the month. When I got there I picked out this printer. I went to the counter to pay with my new card. I opened it and the Credit Limit was only $ 250.00 I flipped out. I called spoked to cs. The guy said " Let me look in to it, Says. Your card was approved and in 6 month we will increase it you have no credit on file. I named off what I have and he says. Sorry Don't show. On D&B.
Needless to say I didn't buy the printer, I'll wait for Staples they said approved for $2000.00. Talk about disappointment.

Message Edited by HA2007 on 11-26-2007 02:27 PM
Message 113 of 176
Anonymous
Not applicable

HA2007 wrote:
Brammy.
Don't feel bad. Let me tell you what happened to me today. I got my Officemax card which remember being approved for $5000.00. Well  when I got the card I ran to Office max, to buy something befor the end of the month. When I got there I picked out this printer. I went to the counter to pay with my new card. I opened it and the Credit Limit was only $ 250.00 I flipped out. I called spoked to cs. The guy said " Let me look in to it, Says. Your card was approved and in 6 month we will increase it you have no credit on file. I named off what I have and he says. Sorry Don't show. On D&B.
Needless to say I didn't buy the printer, I'll wait for Staples they said approved for $2000.00. Talk about disappointment.

Message Edited by HA2007 on 11-26-2007 02:27 PM

That reeks.  I got the Staples for 1k, my first card.  I guess I must have a file somewhere. OD said it was 250.00 but when I called about something, they said it was actually 500.00.

Message Edited by Brammy on 11-26-2007 05:35 PM
Message 114 of 176
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I got my Staples and OD biz cards in the mail today.  My Staples is only $750 CL and OD is $250 CL.  Guess I gotta start somewhere.  I can't believe Citi sent them out live with no activation!
Message 115 of 176
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

Fillbert, when did you apply for the Staples and OD?
Message 116 of 176
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I should have waited a few hours to post. Came home and found my Staples card with $750 CL. App'd on the 14th. So, 3 for 4 in this biz spree (Yeas: HD, Staples, and Lowes. Nay: Wal-Mart)
Message 117 of 176
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

ILECS what are ur bi stats?  More than 2 yrs?  How many tradelines reporting?
Message 118 of 176
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

redE2move wrote:
ILECS what are ur bi stats?  More than 2 yrs?  How many tradelines reporting?

Started in 1996. Other than a Discover (under a different biz name and closed over 7 yrs ago) and an Advanta biz card (closed about 6 yrs ago), I had no credit. In fact, I applied and got a Dell acct in July/Aug using only my tax ID number. I received my DnB number and file in late August and there was nothing on it. Nada. In September, I opened a Nebs acct and ordered about $250 in stuff. I checked my DnB last week and that was the only thing reporting. Dell isn't even reporting. I file Sched C as a sole-prop but don't use my FEIN any. I put on my apps my FEIN, and told them I've been in biz for over 10 years, and I omitted my SSN. I checked EX biz and I can't even find my biz name when I search. I'm afraid to call, lest I'll receive an deluge of sales calls, as it did with DnB. I went on EQ's biz site and had the worst time navigating and have no clue what to look for. I think Brammy said the same.
Message 119 of 176
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

My husband has a trucking company he started in 2005.  After reading some of the threads under biz CC I decided to apply for a few to get him started and build biz credit.  He got the staples $750 (must be the starter amt) OD $250 (another starter) but I guess because he is new to credit biz some of the others are asking for PG.  Office Max just said no.  Don't know if he will be able 2 get more right now.  Would you or NE 1 else recommend he waits 2 build w/ Staples & OD then apply 4 more later or should he try for NE thing else at this time?  We definitely don't want to use PG with any of these biz accts.  He really needs a gas card but most have asked for PG.  Guess the elevated gas prices make it tuff huh?
Message 120 of 176
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.