Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Chase Ink Preferred approval.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regarding Chase Ink Preferred approval.

Hello all,

Been a longtime lurker over this forum. I'm 5/24 currently with a Amazon Store card including. I want to apply for CIP and see mixed DP's of getting approved at 5/24 and denials. What are the odds of auto approval?

If automatically denied for 5/24 reason, i could call recon and let them reconsider by not counting Amazon Store card. But it's a ''business'' and don't want to be grilled. So that's holding me back applying online.

My score's are around EX 745; TU 740. Already have a Chase CSP (11/17) and a checkings account from 2016.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

Re: Regarding Chase Ink Preferred approval.

To my understanding, the only way around this is if you have a business relationship with Chase.  Best to wait until you fall under 5/24.  The good news is that when this happens, after you get the CIP, you can try to double dip two personal Chase cards for your 5th slot.  The Chase biz cards do not add to 5/24.  

Also, there are reports that people who do a paper application in branch with a business relations manager are getting the original 100K bonus for CIP. So look into that when you are in a position to apply.

Starting FICO 8's (7/2016) EQ 715|| TU 743 || EX 762
Current FICO 8's (10/2022) EQ 838|| TU 828|| EX 826
Goal FICO 8's: 780 across the board - Goal met 9/2018;
Next Goal FICO 8's: 800 across the board - Goal met 10/2022
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

But it's a ''business'' and don't want to be grilled. So that's holding me back applying online.

My score's are around EX 745; TU 740. Already have a Chase CSP (11/17) and a checkings account from 2016.

Lots of conflicting information gets posted over here in the business forum.

My take on your situation would be:

If its a business and you don't have a business checking account with Chase, open one and put some money in it.

Preferably $10k.   At that point the business relationship manager will let you know if you have a pre-approval for the card.  Chase is happy to extend credit to businesses that show they can pay it back.  It may take a few months but the pre-approval will likely pop up if you have money in the bank with them and is even more likely if you are running revenue through the account.

If its a "business" and you aren't prepared to show Chase its a business when asked, then wait until you are under 5/24.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok.... Lots of misinformation here. People have had biz relation managers do paper apps on the phone with no biz or checking relationship. Did one myself. Way over 5.24. Many other secrets as well.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.