cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Question

Frequent Contributor

Reporting Question

I am a new business and recently opened a U-line and Quill net 30 accounts.  I spent less than $100 at each, but neither asked for my Duns number?  How will they report without the Duns?  And how can I find out who reports and where they report to?  

4 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Reporting Question

They don't need it they use your business tax ID. You can but it's about $50 per report not free at all.

I wouldn't worry too much about a DUNS number at all. It's based largely on your personal credit, but if you've had business credit tradelines open for about 3-5 years then they also factor that in.
Frequent Contributor

DUNS is an old and outdated biz credit reporting agency. Experian and Equifax are the ones you really want to build on.

Chase Freedom (5.6k) Chase Amazon AU (13k) NFCU cashRewards (20k) NFCU Business MasterCard (10k) Bank Americard Platinum Plus MasterCard (5.4k) Chase Slate (5k) Amex Business Delta SkyMiles Platinum (17k) Bank of America Sandals Rewards (9k) Chase ink Preferred (10k)
Established Contributor

It really depends on who you do business with. We deal alot in government contracts and the first thing they pull is D&B report. 

Super Contributor

Backwoods wrote:

It really depends on who you do business with. We deal alot in government contracts and the first thing they pull is D&B report. 

If that is the case D&B makes sense. I guess all the government related business depends on D&B.