Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Question

tag
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

Reporting Question

I am a new business and recently opened a U-line and Quill net 30 accounts.  I spent less than $100 at each, but neither asked for my Duns number?  How will they report without the Duns?  And how can I find out who reports and where they report to?  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reporting Question

They don't need it they use your business tax ID. You can but it's about $50 per report not free at all.

I wouldn't worry too much about a DUNS number at all. It's based largely on your personal credit, but if you've had business credit tradelines open for about 3-5 years then they also factor that in.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

DUNS is an old and outdated biz credit reporting agency. Experian and Equifax are the ones you really want to build on.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really depends on who you do business with. We deal alot in government contracts and the first thing they pull is D&B report. 

Message 4 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It really depends on who you do business with. We deal alot in government contracts and the first thing they pull is D&B report. 

If that is the case D&B makes sense. I guess all the government related business depends on D&B.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.