Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

START UP BUSINESS LOOKING FOR NET 30 ACCOUNTS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

START UP BUSINESS LOOKING FOR NET 30 ACCOUNTS

Great Morning,

Just Incoroporated and followed the steps in the Business 101 post. I just requested my Duns Number yesterday and they said it will take 30 days or sooner before they email it to me. The list I saw of companies to try to setup net 30 accounts with their apps wanted Duns Number and Business References. By my company being new I dont have any references. 

Do I have to wait for Duns Number to start Net 30 accounts?

Does Anyone have a list of companies that will give me Net 30 Accounts without Business References?

I know these are the basics but Im trying to learn and this forum seems to be the best I have found so far in giving real time advice.

Thanks in advance!!!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Re: START UP BUSINESS LOOKING FOR NET 30 ACCOUNTS

@Anonymous wrote:

Great Morning,

Just Incoroporated and followed the steps in the Business 101 post. I just requested my Duns Number yesterday and they said it will take 30 days or sooner before they email it to me. The list I saw of companies to try to setup net 30 accounts with their apps wanted Duns Number and Business References. By my company being new I dont have any references. 

Do I have to wait for Duns Number to start Net 30 accounts?

Does Anyone have a list of companies that will give me Net 30 Accounts without Business References?

I know these are the basics but Im trying to learn and this forum seems to be the best I have found so far in giving real time advice.

Thanks in advance!!!

Quill, Reliable, Uline, Strategic Network Solutions, Grainger, and several others should be able to give you one without a reference. Some may require that you prepay your other the first or second time, but these will work for start. Also, when I applied for my DUNS, i got mine less than a week, but if you get a call from D&B about purchasing anything, just kindly decline any offers they provide you. I would wait until you got your duns number just to have it at hand for any vendor or creditor that asks for it. Also make sure you have applied for your EIN too. You can get that free and basically instantly online.

Word of advice, do not go on a credit spree. While its good to have tradelines, every 2 to 3 you are approved for, build up for a several months before applying for more. The one I've listed works just as well. My favorite is Strategic, Uline, Reliable, and Quill. They were easy to apply for. Print country is good for those who only need printer stuff like ink, but you would need to do $250 for them to report or be with them for 6 months. The others, ive listed normally report at the end of the month, but give it time and take an easy. If you want, you can also PG a business charge card or credit card if your personal credit is up to par.  

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. This is a great start. Talked to Uline and they said I have to wait until I receive Duns Number. Reliable granted me an account. Placed my first order this Am. FedEx said 5 to 7 days before sending me my account number. Not sure if that's an Approval but I'll know soon. I'll check the others you mentioned later....

Message 3 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

whatever you do, don't pay D&B ANY MONEY!

No matter what they say to you, you don't need it... tell them you just want your account number, you don't want to verify it, build it, nothing!

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I'm not. Thanks
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my DUNs number in 3 days via email. A rep contacted me a couple days later and asked me a few questions about my business. She didn't bother throwing a sales pitch at me when I told her flat out that I wasn't interested in their services.

I got set up with Uline, Grainger, Reliable, Quill, and Chevron except the latter gave me a lame 14 days instead of 30. 

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Up past midnight Was your business as new as mine and we're those your first Net 30 Accounts? I will copy and paste what Reliable told me later this evening.... Hopefully you or someone can help me figure this out....
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for Reliable today, got an email saying that they need to see at least 3 months of history on a tradeline, I have none either. Uline did say if I pre paid for a couple orders they would grant me an account. I hope that's a little helpful as the info is only hours old

Message 8 of 16
silver_idle
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous past midnight Was your business as new as mine and we're those your first Net 30 Accounts? I will copy and paste what Reliable told me later this evening.... Hopefully you or someone can help me figure this out....

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for Reliable today, got an email saying that they need to see at least 3 months of history on a tradeline, I have none either. Uline did say if I pre paid for a couple orders they would grant me an account. I hope that's a little helpful as the info is only hours old

My business is a corp started feb of this year. Applied the same month after getting my DUNS and started small and moved on up. Purchase something around $30 to $40 each month with Reliable and move up slowly. Do not go for anything above $100 yet. As for uline, if you have little tradelines, they may want you to prepay your purchase. i did with mine and days after I got what I ordered (which was $40) I purchase something on net 30 for $60 and it was approved. Not saying that you will be approved like I was but they want to make sure youre serious person. 

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's excellent info. I'll keep everyone posted once I get my Duns number
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.