cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sams Business Charge upgrade to Sams Discover?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Sams Business Charge upgrade to Sams Discover?

Anyone have success in getting them to upgrade your Sams Business Charge to a Sams Discover Card?

I do not currently PG and that's usually what they ask for to do the upgrade, but Sams Discover card starts at a 5k limit which I currently have so I don't see the point in PG'ing, but the 2% sure would be nice!

I also just submitted a CLI up to $7500, so waiting to hear about that. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Sams Business Charge upgrade to Sams Discover?

I had my sams biz store card with $1k CL for about a year and then I asked them to upgrade to Discover. They closed the old card and gave me new Discover card with $10k CL. I am not sure if I did a PG or not, but there was a Credit Pull on my EQ. I am planning on asking them for CLI to $15K in the next few months.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is PG?I Have a Sams Business card.Was thinking about upgrading to discover.Thanks in advance!
Message 3 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What is PG?I Have a Sams Business card.Was thinking about upgrading to discover.Thanks in advance!

PG means Personal Guarantee. In case if business goes under you are personally responsible for the card debt.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have applied for the Sams Discover card twice....they keep on declining me (i only have 2 reporting)......should i just apply for the sams club store card instead.....i know it's easier to get...but are they still looking for 2 years, paydex, yada, yada, yada.......thanks!
Message 5 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
i have applied for the Sams Discover card twice....they keep on declining me (i only have 2 reporting)......should i just apply for the sams club store card instead.....i know it's easier to get...but are they still looking for 2 years, paydex, yada, yada, yada.......thanks!

It is a good idea to get the store biz card first and then ask for upgrade. Store card you can get with out PG. Discover they ask for PG. When I applied they gave me storecard with $1K CL and after a year I asked them for upgrade, at that time they closed my store card and issued me a discover with $10K Cl. My suggestion if they were to give store card with out PG take it and then try for discover later.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.