Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Sams Business Charge upgrade to Sams Discover?

Anyone have success in getting them to upgrade your Sams Business Charge to a Sams Discover Card?

I do not currently PG and that's usually what they ask for to do the upgrade, but Sams Discover card starts at a 5k limit which I currently have so I don't see the point in PG'ing, but the 2% sure would be nice!

I also just submitted a CLI up to $7500, so waiting to hear about that. 

Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 NASA(10-6-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Super Contributor
concorduser

Re: Sams Business Charge upgrade to Sams Discover?

I had my sams biz store card with $1k CL for about a year and then I asked them to upgrade to Discover. They closed the old card and gave me new Discover card with $10k CL. I am not sure if I did a PG or not, but there was a Credit Pull on my EQ. I am planning on asking them for CLI to $15K in the next few months.
Valued Member
blackjack59

What is PG?I Have a Sams Business card.Was thinking about upgrading to discover.Thanks in advance!
Super Contributor
concorduser

blackjack59 wrote:
What is PG?I Have a Sams Business card.Was thinking about upgrading to discover.Thanks in advance!

PG means Personal Guarantee. In case if business goes under you are personally responsible for the card debt.
Frequent Contributor
molly73

i have applied for the Sams Discover card twice....they keep on declining me (i only have 2 reporting)......should i just apply for the sams club store card instead.....i know it's easier to get...but are they still looking for 2 years, paydex, yada, yada, yada.......thanks!
Super Contributor
concorduser

molly73 wrote:
i have applied for the Sams Discover card twice....they keep on declining me (i only have 2 reporting)......should i just apply for the sams club store card instead.....i know it's easier to get...but are they still looking for 2 years, paydex, yada, yada, yada.......thanks!

It is a good idea to get the store biz card first and then ask for upgrade. Store card you can get with out PG. Discover they ask for PG. When I applied they gave me storecard with $1K CL and after a year I asked them for upgrade, at that time they closed my store card and issued me a discover with $10K Cl. My suggestion if they were to give store card with out PG take it and then try for discover later.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}