Frequent Contributor
youngman1234

Secured LOC for new business ???

My business is new and less than a year old, we were able to get a couple of business credit cards ( ink bold & ink cash).  Now I am looking to get a couple of secured lines of credit. I was think 2 secured LOC for 25K each one with chase and the other BOA.. Has anyone every got a SECURED line of credit that was backed by a CD or cash in a savings account ?? I was curious the time it takes to get approved ??? 

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Secured LOC for new business ???

We actually have a $25k secured LOC backed via savings through M&T Bank. We got approved the same day we applied, but it took forever to get the docs and get them signed. I'm sure the process varies via lender.

Frequent Contributor
youngman1234

My chase business banker told me it can take between 3-4 weeks to actually have the process go through...
New Contributor
Project17

Most banks that offer business products will have a secured loan opition even when not advertised. The best places are the small local banks. You will usually get a better rate and faster turn around.

Established Contributor
compassion101

What is the advantage to having a secured LOC for business? Is it just to have a satisfactory trade line? Change into unsecured after time? Etc??

Frequent Contributor
kimmiller112

compassion101 wrote:

What is the advantage to having a secured LOC for business? Is it just to have a satisfactory trade line? Change into unsecured after time? Etc??

Also curious about this...

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $5000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
New Contributor
Project17

Yes it's pretty much for business credit purposes and also a good way to build a relationship with a bank.. This is where going with a small bank can be a plus..

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+