Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking General Advice - Line of Credit

tag
twosense
Established Member

Re: Seeking General Advice - Line of Credit

I agree with you regarding getting my credit score up. However, I respectfully disagree about the impact of inquires. I have witnessed my credit score dip by about 40 points based on the number of inquiries in the past 12 months. I also have letters indicating that I wasn't considered a good enough applicant in part due to inquiries. So, in my life, they matter a lot. 

Message 11 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@twosense wrote:

I agree with you regarding getting my credit score up. However, I respectfully disagree about the impact of inquires. I have witnessed my credit score dip by about 40 points based on the number of inquiries in the past 12 months. I also have letters indicating that I wasn't considered a good enough applicant in part due to inquiries. So, in my life, they matter a lot. 

Somewhere after 8 or 10 inquiries on a report they no longer are counted in your score... Some creditors are very sensitive to them and others not at all.  But a low to mid 600 is more than likely not going to dip that much just based on inquiries... a new account however, depending on the credit profile can make you dip or jump.  But overall the utilization is going to be the biggest score dipper on a report and any changes with how many accounts report balances will effect you hard.

Message 12 of 13
twosense
Established Member

Thanks again. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.