Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Use Credit Cards

tag
Jimmy-Fl
New Visitor

Single Use Credit Cards

Hi Members

Anyone have any knowledge of how to allow several members of our Purchasing team all request single use CC numbers to pay for their individual deals?

We want to allow them access funds from the same shared bank account, but we want to issue them a unique CC # for each  transaction they execute.

And we want them to be able to request their unique  single use CC # by way of API

The advantage is that they can all work away on their individual purchase deals, and we will have a unique CC # assigned to each deal that they do.

Sorry the request is so specific, but so far we have not been able to identify a solution.

Thanks so much, J.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Single Use Credit Cards

@Jimmy-Fl wrote:

Hi Members

Anyone have any knowledge of how to allow several members of our Purchasing team all request single use CC numbers to pay for their individual deals?

We want to allow them access funds from the same shared bank account, but we want to issue them a unique CC # for each  transaction they execute.

And we want them to be able to request their unique  single use CC # by way of API

The advantage is that they can all work away on their individual purchase deals, and we will have a unique CC # assigned to each deal that they do.

Sorry the request is so specific, but so far we have not been able to identify a solution.

Thanks so much, J.

yeah beyond issueing each a credit card which would track them only and you could specify a limit to them I don't know how to issue a new card basically for each transaction... talk about a lot to manage for a company let alone for a bank... the costs seem silly.

you should be able to attach your own information to the transactions specific to the cardholder if you want your accounting to break down to a specific deal after a charge is made.

Message 2 of 4
flan
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Jimmy-Fl wrote:

Hi Members

Thanks so much, J.

yeah beyond issueing each a credit card which would track them only and you could specify a limit to them I don't know how to issue a new card basically for each transaction... talk about a lot to manage for a company let alone for a bank... the costs seem silly.

you should be able to attach your own information to the transactions specific to the cardholder if you want your accounting to break down to a specific deal after a charge is made.

JP Morgan offer something called 'single use accounts' which are much what the OP wants.  It's a credit card number (I do not know mc or visa), exp. date, and CVV2 that is issued for a single transaction, for a specific amount. (The amount settled for can be less than amount.)  Wright Exress has (or had, I'm out of touch) a similiar program.  I suspect other commercial banks do as well.  It makes a lot of sense, for everyone: the payor gets cash management of using a credit card, the bank gets a card swipe fee, the payee gets money quickly, and the reconcillation of the statements can be easier (since the request to generate the singlue use number can include things like a po, so cross referencing is automatic.).  I used to run a large auto repair facility, and most of the fleet management systems we dealt with used a system like this.  Drivers had a card that they could use for gas and small repairs (oil changes, tire repair), but anything else had to be done with the fleet management company.  We'd call/email/fax an invoice, they'd give a CC number good that day, for that amount. 

Message 3 of 4
drnoah007

Maybe i can help, i use this company "abine" they offer single use credit card numbers and it comes out of one card, which you can use to shop online or give out as a gift with a specific amount and even to a specific merchant.  I'm not sure if they can do volume, but they do offer unlimited masked cards for $5 a month and iit seems to be the best option out there.

Abine Masked credit card

https://www.abine.com/maskme/features/cards/

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.