Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft pull for Cap One CLI's?.....

tag
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

Soft pull for Cap One CLI's?.....

I was told 3 times by a CSR that a credit limit increase would be "soft". He insured my he was 100% sure, and almost guaranteed me in the chat box on site. I got his name and number in case he was mistaken and recorded the chat. He told me to apply online so I did. Now I'm awaiting their review. Anyone else know if the Cap One business card does soft inquiries?

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Soft pull for Cap One CLI's?.....

@jarroldharrell1 wrote:

I was told 3 times by a CSR that a credit limit increase would be "soft". He insured my he was 100% sure, and almost guaranteed me in the chat box on site. I got his name and number in case he was mistaken and recorded the chat. He told me to apply online so I did. Now I'm awaiting their review. Anyone else know if the Cap One business card does soft inquiries?

I know the Cap1 Personal Cards are SP for CLI... I assume the business is the same way Smiley Happy

What you have currently?

Let us know what happens, I got EO number and email if it doesn't work out correctly Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@jarroldharrell1 wrote:

I have a CAP1 business card and when going through EO it is definitely a SP

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 9
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

I have a 20K limit right now. That's what they started me with a year and a half ago. Decided to try to get more. I should have waited till my payment went through today for the account to be at zero. Jumped the gun 1 day too soon. Right now it has a 2000 balance that'll be zero by tonight. But I don't think the review team can see I paid if off today.

Anyway, maybe they'll give me an increase anyway. I'm a great customer and I've spent ALOT on the card and always paid it off. We'll see....

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 4 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@jarroldharrell1 wrote:

I have a 20K limit right now. That's what they started me with a year and a half ago. Decided to try to get more. I should have waited till my payment went through today for the account to be at zero. Jumped the gun 1 day too soon. Right now it has a 2000 balance that'll be zero by tonight. But I don't think the review team can see I paid if off today.

Anyway, maybe they'll give me an increase anyway. I'm a great customer and I've spent ALOT on the card and always paid it off. We'll see....

Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your dealing with Capital One and they march to a different drummer. I had two business cards until they eliminated my 7.9% rate and charged and annual fee plus reported them to the personal credit bureaus. Cancelled the accounts and went to Chase. Credit Lines were $10.6K and the other $6K.

Message 6 of 9
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

Is Cap One the most conservative lender like I heard? On another forum they say hardly anyone can get a limit increase through them?

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 7 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@jarroldharrell1 wrote:

Is Cap One the most conservative lender like I heard? On another forum they say hardly anyone can get a limit increase through them?

I'm not sure that conservative is the right word ~ they have many starter / rebuilder credit card products which are targeted to riskier demographics, but are known to issue fairly low limits for these, without much growth potential, although they seem to have loosened up somewhat in the past year.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 9
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

Ok, so their conservative policies don't apply for someone like me with a 20K business card with them....?

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.