Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spark Business Cash too low, won't budge on intial increase

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Spark Business Cash too low, won't budge on intial increase

Capital One is not where I would go for a go to business card.

Amex Charge if you have the money to PIF always.

Take the HP if you have an 800 credit score and ask for the Chase to go to $50k.

Alaska Airlines Business Card tends to be very generous and then you have the great BofA credit people that will usually give just about whatever you ask for.

US Bank doesn't seem terrible for limits on business cards just hope you NEVER need to call them because that will take at least 45 minutes.

Message 21 of 62
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

What is your business revenue. If it is over a million Amex corporate has been letting business slide in (used to be 4 million)

Message 22 of 62
driftless
Valued Contributor

@JTC403 wrote:
What is your business revenue. If it is over a million Amex corporate has been letting business slide in (used to be 4 million)
Not following, would you mind clarifying?
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 23 of 62
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What's all this talk of a corporate card I thought OP just needed a card a little more than $20,000 or a second $20,000 card!!
Message 24 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct, for the moment charges are all around 2, ,4 ,6 , 8 - very occasionally 10-15 but since most orders come in separately and are charged separately I never need a huge CL or spending ability. If that changes one day i'll go the other route

For now though the 2% is reason enough to do the bulk of the charges here, keeping the 5% categories on the Ink and leaving the CL for times I may need a larger charge....

Message 25 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 month update - we've been using our measly 2k limit over and over  -charge, pay, charge pay etc for a while now, and have gone through the limit many times over. Really frustrating as we had a few larger payments that we had to go back and use our Ink for, but we are making do.

Decided to try for an increase as there were so many payments in only 3 months and look at this denial reason! (Figured it would be card too new, but no!)

"Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low"

Are they kidding? It's been used as much as a card can be used, and the only limitation is the one THEY SET by putting the CL so low!

Eamiled ES, but how on earth do they expect people to use these cards - it's becoming more trouble than it's worth, only negated a bit by the 2%....

Message 26 of 62
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

3 month update - we've been using our measly 2k limit over and over  -charge, pay, charge pay etc for a while now, and have gone through the limit many times over. Really frustrating as we had a few larger payments that we had to go back and use our Ink for, but we are making do.

Decided to try for an increase as there were so many payments in only 3 months and look at this denial reason! (Figured it would be card too new, but no!)

"Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low"

Are they kidding? It's been used as much as a card can be used, and the only limitation is the one THEY SET by putting the CL so low!

Eamiled ES, but how on earth do they expect people to use these cards - it's becoming more trouble than it's worth, only negated a bit by the 2%....

You might want to try the Amex Simply Cash.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 27 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

We've had a Chase Ink since opening the business with a pretty high limit, so don't need another card just was hoping to switch most to the Spark for the 2% as it really adds up for us. (Plus Amex not taken lots of places so would be a disaster trying to use it for work.)   Keeping the 2% and 5% categories on the ink for now, along with the larger purchases that are too high for the Spark, but it's getting to be a pain

I guess I'll try calling in at the 6 month point. It's laughable that the reason is not enough usage, I'm charging and paying 2k every week or more....

Message 28 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sort of fuming at CO right now - just got a call back from ES. Nice, but basically repeated "nothing we can do - use it more - even with us limiting - just use it more and try again"

I cannot possibly use a 2k limit card MORE than I have done so in the past 90 days. Hundreds of charges, many many thousands and tons of payments mid month.

Perfect credit history/age/stats with 820+ credit on both.

What do they expect us to do, make up a million little charges? Why bother offering cards then? I could see if it was a reasonable number to start but 2k is ridiculous for many businesses

I'd have been fine if they said account was too new, but the "not using enough" really gets me annoyed!

Any down side to hitting the luv button a few times a month?

Message 29 of 62
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I hit that capital one credit line increase button every statement!
Once one is approved you reset the clock for six months
Message 30 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.