Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spark Business Cash too low, won't budge on intial increase

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Spark Business Cash too low, won't budge on intial increase

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately, Amex wont work as they're not accepted much in our industry.

Our backup is Chase Ink, who gave us a pretty good limit on day 1 of our business but that's only 1%. Main reason we added the Spark was the 2%, for our larger vendor charges. So we have a backup, but would rather just put everything on the 2% card.

Going to call in again since we're at around the 7 month point, but not hopeful.

Capital One is very nervous these days, due to their industry-leading default rates which have taken a sharp upward turn.

They recently jettisoned my 5 year old credit card accounts although they were in perfectly good standing and have always been so.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 41 of 62
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Any luck with CapOne increasing your limit on the Spark?

Supposedly there was a capability to merge credit lines. I haven't tried it, but I probably should consolidate the 1.5% cash version of the Spark with the 2%'s CL.  (and get a card off of my report)

Some issuers won't make large incremental increases, but will instead approve a much higher limit on a new card, which you can then consolidate with the first. Taking three HPs isn't the most fun, but one could take some solace in obtaining another sign-up bonus and/or introductory APR offer.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 42 of 62
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

I referred a client to spark biz for the 2%. They opened with 20k which was too small. They kept going up in 20k increments. I know it's at 100k now but they still have to make payments during the month. But I know they have a guy they call in Richmond and he just issues them massive credits in exchange for those points whenever they want. So they have like a personal rep to deal with.
------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 43 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

HOLY SSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just did my fourth try for an increase online and got APPROVED for 8k!!!!!

Was barely paying attention as I expected to see the ridiculous $200 offer and deny it, and couldn't believe my eyes.

Very very weird with no rhyme or reason, but really happy! This goes from nearly unusable/huge PITA to not perfect but mostly usable!

Yay!

Message 44 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

We just got a $3K increae out of them but they are being replaced by the nice  new shiny Chase Ink.  Depending on how some  things like internet portal fees fall out with Chase they may be back  on the Spark card.  Portal fees for us around $4K a year. 

Message 45 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup Ink is our other bc, first one actually with a 20k before we even had a business, go figure. We use that for the 5% categories and as a cushion for larger charges, but really nothing other than that since we've been getting the 2%.

Still can't  believe it!

Message 46 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on finally getting a nice CLI on your Spark card. 

Message 47 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - still in shock, both so happy - hopefully within a year or so we can be up near 20k like our Ink

Side note - had no idea you can do personalized images/logos on these cards! Very cool

Message 48 of 62
driftless
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 49 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - I still look at the # every day and can't believe it Smiley Happy

Message 50 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.