Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spark Business Cash too low, won't budge on intial increase

tag
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

Re: Spark Business Cash too low, won't budge on intial increase

I called in today for a manual review. Been spending between 11-23k a month for last 6 months.
------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 51 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any luck? Both times I called in, they were very polite but just simply would not budge, and told me to keep using it even though the limit prevented most of the use (???)

I still have no idea how they decide to quadrupule the # - seems to random and almost too much for how strict they are.

The 2% on business really does make it all worth it however.

Message 52 of 62
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

Nothing yet. The rep said she would call me back once a decision was made

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 53 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a good sign, since they just flat out denied me immediatley each time - also your spend is a lot (much more than ours.) Good luck! It's frustrating but as soon as it becomes usable, well worth the effort!

I'm going to give it another try in 6 months and see what happens.

Message 54 of 62
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

I told her the reason was I didn't want to keep bumping into the limit, and that I'd like to let the statement cut without it looking like I'm maxing my card out even though I pay it completely off, and I have better lines elsewhere. Their automated system keeps using a score from three months ago, even though I see AR softs from more recent...

What's in my wallet?

Message 55 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I remember repeating that I had 20k before our business even started, so 2k years into it is nearly unusable but they didn't budge. Of course i think if they see you're charging and paying that much you should be ok - I was between 4-6/mo for 6 months which is a lot less

Weird part is I don't even think it's got so much to do with scores as we are both 820+!

Message 56 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

6 month update - automated system gave me an immediate 3k increase so we're at 11k now.

Stepping up was a little slow and painful but at least now it's more useful.

Message 57 of 62
spankyspanky
Established Member

I know this thread is a little old, but I thought I would post up what happened to me.   I've been stuck with a $50,000 credit limit on my business spark card for close to a year.   Cycling roughly $300,000 through it per month (with the time to post, and the payment clearing time, this was the max).   I always paid in full the day the $50,000 charge would hit.     after 17 months of doing this I missed a daily payment and ended March with a $50,000 statement.  This is the first time I've ever had the statement with anything but $0. 

I log in just now and see my credit line has been increased to $100,000. 

I am not sure if this is pure coincidence, or if something with capital one's backend doesn't take into account monthly spend vs monthly statement, but this sure is odd.       In 17 months, I've earned $86,360 in cash back, and now with double the limit, I can move some spending from Amex Plum (1.5%) and increase my return.

Good luck!

Message 58 of 62
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

I bet that triggered an abnormal behavior tag on your account and the right person reviewed it.

One thing I know, there is no rhyme or reason to c1 and their CLIs.

What's in my wallet?

Message 59 of 62
spankyspanky
Established Member

I see you have an Amex Platinum, and a Spark.  Did you just receive the $100 survey from AMEX that took about 15 minutes to complete asking all sorts of questions dealing with the amount of spend you would move to AMEX if they changed the Plum card from 1.5% to 2%?  

7 years ago I kind of laughed at Capital One, and thought of them as an entry level credit card provider to those with bad credit.    Now in 2018 I've turned down invites for the Centurion card, and try to use capital one as much as possible.    I feel like AMEX has finally realized it is losing a lot of business to the spark card. 

I pay my Platinum fees each year because of my frequent traveling (lounge access) but there isn't much spend I would like to give AMEX anymore because 2% cash pretty much trumps everything else.    

Message 60 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.